The CCF project at Kendal College was set up to look at five individual aspects of blended learning and the use of online technologies based on the strengths of our IT champions.
Five individual projects were set up that has enabled staff across the college to participate in a variety of staff development and upskilling opportunities, that has better developed our teaching, learning and assessment practice.
Kendal College – 5 mini projects carried out:
- Greenroom creation (videos on how to use a green screen to enhance TLA)
- Looking at the impact and choice of a network platform
- Coding club - “Smart City”
- Accessibility of blended learning for supported learners
- Staff development training programme.
Aside from sharing the project materials with fellow CCF Colleges and partners, the project has led to the following outcomes at Kendal College:
- Greater involvement of teachers in the pilot of existing technologies to enhance learning; collecting feedback that could support any evidence-based implementation across the College.
- Auditing all College online content in relation to inclusivity.
- Increased practitioner confidence to produce high-quality online content.
- Exploration of commercial platforms to produce resources and collect feedback on content and quality from learners.
- Explored the pedagogy of blended learning to inform practise across the College.