If you are considering employing an apprentice but are not yet ready to commit to hiring a recruit, you may wish to consider offering a traineeship, which we can support.
These are structured work placements of between 6 weeks and six months* with the potential to progress onto an apprenticeship at the end of the placement.
- Available for 16-24-year-olds.
- £1,000 employer incentive per trainee.
- Eligible for those with a Level 3 qualification or below.
- Minimum 100 hours placement over a minimum of 6 weeks, maximum six months*.
- Study Maths, English and work-preparation training, i.e. writing CVs, preparing for interviews, searching for jobs and developing interpersonal and communication skills.
Benefits for employers
- Develop the skills of young people from your local community.
- Reduce the risk to your business of recruiting an apprentice by offering a short traineeship first.
- Provide your established members of staff the opportunity to mentor a young person.
- The programme can be flexible around your business needs.
- Government incentive payment of £1,000.
Benefits for trainees
- Gain substantial work experience in an organisation committed to staff training.
- Being mentored by an employee of the organisation.
- Continue to develop your Maths and English skills.
- Undertake work preparation training.
- Find out if an apprenticeship is the right option for you.