If you are considering employing an apprentice, but are not yet ready to commit to hiring a new recruit, you may wish to consider offering a traineeship, which Kendal College can support.
These are structured work placements of between 6 weeks and 6 months* with the potential to progress onto an apprenticeship at the end of the placement.
- Available for 16-24-year-olds
- £1,000 employer incentive per trainee
- Eligible for those with a Level 3 qualification or below
- Minimum 100 hours placement over a minimum 6 weeks, maximum 6 months*
- Study Maths, English and work-preparation training i.e. writing CVs, preparing for interviews, searching for jobs and developing interpersonal and communication skills.
Benefits for employers.
- Develop the skills of young people from your local community
- Reduce the risk to your business of recruiting an apprentice, by offering a short traineeship first
- Provide your established members of staff the opportunity to mentor a young person
- The programme can be flexible around your business needs
- Government incentive payment of £1,000
Benefits for trainees.
- Gain substantial work experience in an organisation committed to staff training
- Being mentored by an employee of the organisation
- Continue to develop your Maths and English skills
- Undertake work preparation training
- Find out if an apprenticeship is the right option for you