There are a variety of opportunities to explore when considering what step to take towards your future career, including full-time courses, part-time courses, degree-level courses and apprenticeships!
Making the decision
At Kendal College we understand that making decisions about your future can be challenging, so our helpful Student Services Team is always on hand to talk you through your options.
If you have any questions or queries, please contact us:
Give us a follow for an insight into the day-to-day activities taking place across our campuses!
Our Open Events offer a great way to explore what’s available and find the best match for you.
Useful careers websites
A free national website that covers all the stages of career planning - explore your skills & interests, see suggested careers and find relevant courses, apprenticeships and jobs close to where you live.
Answer questions about what you find interesting and they'll match you with job groups containing more than 400 job profiles.
National Careers Website
This site includes a range of job profiles, employability tools and careers advice.
Earn while you learn with an apprenticeship.
A national search engine. Volunteering is a great way to discover what you like and don’t like doing. It also gives you valuable work experience which looks fantastic on your CV. If you can’t find what you are looking for, contact employers directly.
Careers guidance for Students
The College offers information, advice and guidance to help students plan their next step after College.
- Group tutorials covering careers, job & university applications and money management
- Information & resources for parents
- 1-to-1 careers guidance appointments available with Student Services staff
- Individual support for CVs, applications, personal statements & interviews available from Learning Centre staff
- Guest speakers from industry and universities
- A jobs board with vacancy listings
- Cross-college events, e.g. SkillsFest
- Online resources on The Hub
We are Matrix accredited, and we offer impartial advice and support before, during and after your course.
Careers support for schools
We offer a range of free careers services to schools, including:
- Assemblies & workshops on post-16 and post-18 options
- Attendance at careers fairs
- Mock interview support
- Taster days & visits
For more information, please contact:
Adele Mundy, our Student Services Manager
T: 01539 814734