There are lots of opportunities to gain additional experiences and benefits of being a Kendal College student!
- Student Ambassadors, a paid position to help promote the college
- Class Reps, with the opportunity to attend national conferences
- Student Governors, be part of the highest decision-making body in the college
- NUS Totum Card - save money through this student discount card!
As well as the opportunity to set up student-run clubs and events.
Our students discuss these on the video below:
A part-time, flexible job that can fit around your studies and commitments.
As a Student Ambassador you will:
- Support college staff in promoting the college
- Be fully trained and supported
- Develop your skills
- Join a fantastic Student Ambassador Team
- Represent the college at various events
- Be paid the national minimum wage
Further information and an application pack will be uploaded here in July.
Your Feedback & Ideas
Kendal College is YOUR college and your views and ideas are really important.
We encourage you to let us know what you think by:
- Completing surveys
- Becoming a class rep and member of Student Council - with the opportunity to attend national conferences
- Taking part in focus groups & meetings
- Becoming a Student Governor
- Gain experience, meet others and boost your CV.
If you are interested, speak to your course tutor or ask at reception. Elections for Class Reps & Student Governors take place in the Autumn Term.
The College is linked to the National Union of Students, which means you can get the NUS Totum Card – giving you access to loads of savings on the high street and online. For more info and to purchase your card (£14.99 for 12 months) see: www.totum.com.
Student Clubs & Events
Last year, student-run clubs and events included:
- An LGBTQ+ Club
- A Gaming Club
- A Vegan Society
- An events committee to run the end of year Summer Prom
There was also interest in Music, Yoga, a Mature Students group, and Women in Construction & Engineering. Clubs can be whatever you are interested in and give you the opportunity to meet other students across the college.
Student Services can help to set up & promote clubs, as well as finding places to meet.
Interested in running a club, or to join one?
Please complete the below and we will be in touch!