Your browser is unsupported and may have security vulnerabilities! Upgrade to a newer browser to experience this site in all it's glory.
Skip to main content

There are a number of other transport options available to students.

As well as Kendal College bus passes, there are other transport options which are also detailed below. If you are looking for transport for the current academic year please, contact Student Services:

t 01539 814700


The nearest train stations are Oxenholme (for Milnthorpe Road Campus) or Kendal (for the Arts & Media Campus). Click here to go to the national rail website. Train travel is usually more expensive than local bus provision, but maybe a consideration if you are travelling from Carlisle or Preston. You may be able to apply to the Bursary/ Learner Support Funds for help with train costs if bus provision is not available.

For information click here.


The College car parks at Main Site are free to students - permits can be collected from the Learning Centre on the first floor. You can apply to the Bursary/Learner Support Funds for help with mileage costs. For information click here.

Car sharing

If you are 18 or over, car sharing could be an option. There are a number of websites that can help you link with others travelling in the same direction, for example:


    Cumbria County Council

    Cumbria County Council is providing some transport to under 19s who are living in a low-income household or who have Special Educational Needs.

    For more information click here.

    Spare Seats

    Cumbria County Council may have spare seats on their services, but these won't be confirmed until the beginning of September. For more information click here or to register your interest in this scheme, please email

    North Yorkshire County Council

    The North Yorkshire County Council may be able to support students under 19 living in North Yorkshire to travel to their nearest college. For more information click here.

    Commercial Stagecoach passes

    Stagecoach has a variety of daily, weekly, monthly and yearly ticket options - ask the driver or click here for information.

    Other public transport

    Some other bus companies operate in the North West. To search for all travel options click here to go to the Traveline website.


    The College has cycle parking bays, and more information on cycle routes can be found at:


      Any questions?

      Student Services is open Monday to Friday throughout the year.

      Please contact us for further information:

      t 01539 814700