Young people with an Education Health and Care Plan are looking to progress from college into the world of work.
It can be hard to gain employment and that is where R2W, Further Education (FE) colleges and the Local Authority working together, can provide the support needed.
A Supported Internship delivered by right2work could be the right choice, as learning whilst working often is the best way to progress into work.
Our Supported Internship scheme is offered over an academic year and is all about working towards getting a paid job through a study programme.
What makes us different is:
- It is offered for 3 days per week, during term time.
- We offer placement in line with your interests and aspirations.
- Most of the learning is done alongside your work placement.
- Your work environment provides personal learning and development.
- A holistic approach to learning and support so your Job Coach may support you with this well beyond employment issues.
- Job coaches will provide training using systematic instruction for learners to complete tasks and develop independence.
It is extremely important we ensure learners career aspirations, skills and qualifications are matched with the type of role they want to do. To help us achieve this we;
- Organise employer talks and visits
- Visit job/career fairs
- Complete skills sessions to support employability skills such as CV workshops and mock interviews to help learners prepare for their placement.
- Work closely with learners to identify a suitable and meaningful placement.
- Offer classroom-based learning and research activities.
- Learners gain 'hands on' experience in the workplace.
During their time on placement they will work on enhancing and developing their skills, confidence and independence supported by a job coach. Job coaches will implement training using systematic instruction to support and further develop employability skills, completion of tasks using errorless learning and further develop independence within their job role.
We can also support any other identified areas such as travel training.
Support is tapered throughout the internship to support the progression of independence, preparing young people to work towards the goal of paid employment.
An active Educational Health and Care Plan (EHCP). You must also be highly motivated and have a desire to secure a job after the programme concludes.
After Your Course
- Securing paid employment
- Follow on support via destination follow ups
- Work with Inspira