The Pearson Edexcel Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England is for learners who work in, or who want to work in, the Health and Social Care Sector. Adult Care Workers are the frontline staff who help adults with care and support needs to achieve their personal goals and live as independently and safely as possible, enabling them to have control and make choices in their lives.
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop and demonstrate competence in areas of Health and Social Care
- Develop technical skills and knowledge and understanding related to the specified job roles in the Health and Social Care sector
- Have existing skills recognised
- Achieve a nationally-recognised Level 2 qualification
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning.
No prior qualifications are necessary but the learners must be working in a care setting, and should have the support of their employer to achieve the required practice elements.
After Your Course
A job in health and social care, progression within your role, progression to level 3 and provides further opportunity for you to make a difference to a person's life through developing the skills, knowledge and professional behaviours as an Adult Care Worker.
The fee displayed is the course fee. Course fees are per year for full-time & degree-level courses and per course for part-time courses.
There may be other costs associated with this course, e.g. kit, equipment, books, trips etc. Financial support may be available to support you with these. See the Student Money pages for more information.
The current full-time & degree-level fee information is related to the 2023/24 academic year.
Entry Level, Level 1 & Level 2 Courses
You may qualify for financial support to cover the cost of a government-funded qualification if any of the below apply to you:
- Have an annual salary of less than £20,319.
- Receive an eligible means-tested benefit, e.g. JSA, ESA or Universal Credit.
- Are aged 16-18 on 31/08/23 and are not studying at another school/college.
- Are aged 19 or over on 31/08/23 and do not already have a Level 1, 2 or 3 qualification.
- Have a household income under £35,000 and are in financial hardship.
See the Student Money pages for more information.