If you’re aged over 19 and looking to change sectors or progress in your current industry, a Skills Bootcamp could be your next step to a better job!
Skills Bootcamps will build on your sector skills or fast track to an interview with a local employer and secure a job or an apprenticeship.
The bootcamps are part of the Government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee, helping everyone gain life skills.
How much do they cost?
The training is free if you meet the following criteria:
- Aged over 19 years of age.
- Working, recently unemployed within the last 12 months or looking for work, e.g. coming back into the workforce after a career break.
- Resident in the UK and legally entitled to work in the UK.
How long do they last?
Up to sixteen weeks, depending on the course, commencing in September or October 2023, incorporating skills, employability, continuing professional development and entry to sector training. Weekly hours will range from a day per week to block training, with some self-study.
I’m an employer; can I access the training?
Yes. Skills Bootcamps are a great way to build sector-specific skills in your workforce.
Plus, you only need to pay a small contribution:
- Large employer at 30% contribution. This is fantastic value for money with a 70% reduction.
- Micro, small and medium employers at 10%, a massive 90% reduction.
How can I find out more?
The Skills Bootcamps we currently offer are listed below. If there are none currently listed, be sure to check back soon!