T-Levels bring together academic knowledge with practical experience.
The course will give you the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to progress into this sector.
- Two-year courses
- Equivalent to 3 A-Levels
- Worth up to 168 UCAS points (Triple Distinction*).
- Created alongside employers
- Includes an extended industry placement (315 hours minimum)
- Supports progression into university and a career in the industry
The content of the course builds students' skills and knowledge required to be a competent and effective employee or to become self-employed in the Events and Venues Industry. A primary focus is on the skills necessary for technical roles in theatre and music events and venues.
The T-Level develops technical skills such as:
- Generating ideas for client briefs using lighting, sound, set design and construction for varied events.
- Project and production methodology and management from start to finish, from the planning, production, directing and performers, stage crew and technicians.
- Using industry equipment and technology safely
- Applying health and safety requirements for venues and productions, demonstrating this through live project work and employer-set briefs.
- The use of data and information to analyse and create solutions for technical work.
- Professional methods to present communication plans and design work using industry-standard software.
Learning will blend theoretical understanding with practical application through projects, employer briefs and exciting challenges. This will inspire and encourage students to build a portfolio of experience and design work. Students will use their independence, analytical and critical reflective skills to research and develop their ideas and outcomes using traditional and innovative technology. Exciting project themes will encourage students to become sustainable practitioners with a sound understanding of the business practice. Students will gain an understanding of the behaviours required to become a success in the events industry.
This qualification is designed for students aged 16-18.
5 GCSEs at grade 4 or above (including Maths and English at grade 5 or above), or a level 2 diploma or NVQ in a related field with merit or distinction.
Applicants will also need to attend an interview to assess suitability for the course.
After Your Course
Students can progress to entry roles in the Events industry. They can also move to related higher education courses and technical qualifications, such as a BA (Hons) in Technical Theatre and Stage Management. There is a high demand for event and theatre technicians and considerable opportunities for students wishing to enter this industry.
Job roles include:
- Theatre technician
- Set designer
- Events venue manager
- Festival events technician
- Stage crew
- Sound engineer
- Lighting engineer
The fee displayed is the course fee. Course fees are per year for full-time courses and per course for part-time courses.
There may be other costs associated with this course, e.g. kit, equipment, books, trips etc. Financial support may be available to support you with these. See the Student Money pages for more information.
The current full-time & degree-level fee information is related to the 2023/24 academic year.
Level 3-6 Courses
Advanced Learning Loans are available for students aged 19 or over and studying eligible level 3, 4, 5 & 6 courses. If you are on an Access course, the loan will be written off if you complete a degree.
You may qualify for financial support to cover the cost of a Level 3 qualification if you do not already have a Level 3 qualification (this will depend on the course & your age on 31/08/23).
Please speak to Student Services for more information on course fees.
The fees displayed are for the one-year AS-Level course. If you would like to progress onto the full A-Level, please get in touch with us for the cost of the second year, as it will be different.
16-18 year olds
There are no course fees if you were aged 16-18 on 31/08/23 and are not studying at another institution.