Are you an experienced Plumber looking for a new challenge? If you have the confidence to share your knowledge and experience with our students we can train and support you in your exciting new venture.
Job Title: Plumbing Lecturer
Permanent - part time (22.2 hours per week Monday to Friday)
Pay Scale: L1 £26,734 - £33,786 depending on qualifications and experience
Actual Pay: £16,041 - £20,272 depending on qualifications and experience
How to Apply: download an application pack and email completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 22nd August, 2022
What We offer
- A generous holiday entitlement 42 days per year pro rata plus an extra 7 efficiency days per year pro rata.
- Sick pay and pension scheme
- Support to help you transition into College life
- Excellent CPD opportunities so that you can gain a formal teaching qualification whilst working with us and to continue to grow and develop
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- A College that promotes and supports flexible working
- A College that is committed to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to support your students
- Collaborative working within our departments and campuses to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- On-site canteens with locally sourced ingredients.
- A Cycle to Work scheme.
- A comprehensive Staff awards, rewards and Wellbeing scheme
Why Choose Us
We are located next to the breath-taking UNESCO World Heritage site of the Lake District, a beautiful place to live and work. Our students are focused on their learning, achieve high levels of attainment and consistently give us high satisfaction ratings. The College recognises the wellbeing of its staff as a priority, as well as ensuring that excellent work is appropriately recognised and that a healthy work-life balance is maintained.
Kendal College is an FE College that consistently punches above its weight on the national stage. Under the leadership of our Principal, Kelvin Nash, we are embarking on a series of bold steps to grow the College and remain a top-notch education provider for Cumbria and the North West region.
- To develop a stimulating an exciting programme for learners
- To manage and provide good quality teaching and learning to support student achievement
- To seek to ensure that student retention and achievement targets are met
- To contribute towards the College’s strategic objectives
- Provide a safe and healthy environment in which to work and learn.
- Ensure a high quality of adequate resources and materials are provided to enhance learning, thereby enriching the opportunity and experience of learners.
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Please see Job Description for full details.
Job Requirements - The Right Candidate will have:
Qualifications – Essential
- Level 3 Vocational qualification in Plumbing
- English and Maths at Level 2 (GCSE A* to C or equivalent)
- A recognised teaching qualification or be willing to obtain within 2 years of appointment
Qualifications – Desirable
- A degree or equivalent qualification in the related discipline
- Assessor Award
- IV award
Experience – Essential
- Experience of working in a relevant industrial/commercial environment
Experience – Desirable
- Minimum of NVQ L3 on Plumbing
- Gas Safe registered
- An ability to react to changes in demand/curriculum
- Able to work as part of a team
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Full UK driving license
- Recent experience of teaching in an FE/HE environment
Knowledge/Skills – Essential
- Effective communication skills
- Effective presentation skills
- Effective use of ILT to promote teaching and learning and monitor learning Ability to develop….
- Good general knowledge of health and safety at work in an educational and the relevant vocational environment
- Ability to provide high quality pastoral care to learners
- Effective classroom management skills Ability to develop…..
- Comprehensive current technical knowledge and skills commensurate with the required vocational delivery
Kendal College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.