Are you experienced in Accounting/Business and looking for a new challenge?
Are you excited by the prospect of passing on your knowledge and experience to the next generation of students?
Have you always wanted to live and work within an area of natural beauty and vibrant culture?
Job Title: Lecturer L1 Accounting/Business
Full time/Part time Permanent Role 22.2–37 hours per week (0.6-1.0fte)
Pay Scale L1: £15,573- £19,681 for 0.6fte up to £25,955- £32,801 for full time, depending upon qualifications and experience
Closing Date: 5th July 2022
The successful candidate will themselves be educated to degree level or equivalent and capable of sharing their knowledge with our students in an engaging and informative manner that befits their passion for the subject. There is flexibility available for a job share, part time or full time working. Teaching experience is desirable, but we are looking for someone with the confidence to share their experience and knowledge with our students - we would provide support for gaining a formal teaching qualification alongside your work with us.
- To develop a stimulating an exciting programme for learners
- To manage and provide good quality teaching and learning to support student achievement
- To seek to ensure that student retention and achievement targets are met
- To contribute towards the College’s strategic objectives
- Provide a safe and healthy environment in which to work and learn.
- Ensure a high quality of adequate resources and materials are provided to enhance learning, thereby enriching the opportunity and experience of learners.
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
See Job Description for full information.
Why Choose Us
Located next to the breath-taking UNESCO World Heritage site of the Lake District, Kendal College is an FE College that consistently punches above its weight on the national stage. Under the leadership of our Principal, Kelvin Nash, Kendal College is embarking on a series of bold steps to grow the College and remain a top-notch education provider for Cumbria and the North West region. Our students are focused on their learning, achieve high levels of attainment and consistently give us high satisfaction ratings. The College recognises the wellbeing of its staff as a priority, as well as ensuring that excellent work is appropriately recognised and that a healthy work-life balance is maintained.
What We Offer
- A generous holiday entitlement
- 7 efficiency days per year (pro rata) in addition to your hard-earned holiday allocation.
- A College that is committed to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Collaborative working within our departments and campuses to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop.
- A College that promotes and supports flexible working
- On-site canteens with locally sourced ingredients.
- A Cycle to Work scheme.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to support your students.
- A comprehensive Staff awards, rewards and Wellbeing scheme.
Job Requirements - The Right Candidate will have:
Qualifications – Essential
A recognised teaching qualification or be willing to obtain within 2 years of appointment
A degree or equivalent qualification in the related discipline
English and Maths at Level 2 (GCSE A* to C or equivalent)
Qualifications – Desirable
Key Skills Level 3 or equivalent
Assessor and Verifier Awards
Experience – Essential
Recent experience of teaching in an educational environment
Recent industry experience
Experience – Desirable
Recent experience of teaching in an FE/HE environment
Experience of teaching BTEC or A-Level Business / Economics
Experience of teaching HN Business
Digital marketing/ecommerce skills
Knowledge of apprenticeships
Knowledge/Skills – Essential
Effective communication skills
Effective presentation skills
Effective use of ILT to promote teaching and learning and monitor learning
Good general knowledge of health and safety at work in an educational and the relevant vocational environment
Ability to travel to Apprentices’ workplaces
Ability to provide high quality pastoral care to learners
Effective classroom management skills
Comprehensive current technical knowledge and skills commensurate with the required vocational delivery
Knowledge & Skills – Desirable
Working on marketing and customer related tasks
Full driving licence
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment at the College is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check via the Disclosure and Barring Service and any post in regulated activity will also be subject to an additional barred list check.