Are you an experienced administrator looking for a new challenge? Have you always wanted to live and work within an area of natural beauty and vibrant culture?
- Permanent post.
37 hours per week
£19,734 to £21,383 depending upon qualifications and experience.
- Closing date.
10th October 2022
An opportunity has arisen for a reliable and competent Administrator to provide vital administrative support to a key College department. As a Data Administrator, you will need to be calm under pressure, enthusiastic and able to update and maintain databases to a high standard of accuracy. This is a challenging and varied role that would provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the functioning of the College.
You will provide administrative support to the CIS Coordinator to support the processes relating to students on employer responsive and outreach programmes, including apprentices and work-based Diploma students.
All staff have a responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
See the Job Description for full details.
Why choose us?
Located next to the breathtaking UNESCO World Heritage site of the Lake District, Kendal College is an FE college that consistently punches above its weight on the national stage. Under the leadership of our Principal, Kelvin Nash, Kendal College is embarking on a series of bold steps to grow the college and remain a top-notch education provider for Cumbria and the North West region. Our students are focused on their learning, achieve high levels of attainment and consistently give us high satisfaction ratings. The college recognises the wellbeing of its staff as a priority, as well as ensuring that excellent work is appropriately recognised and that a healthy work-life balance is maintained.
What we offer.
- A generous holiday entitlement
- 7 efficiency days per year (pro rata) in addition to your hard-earned holiday allocation.
- A college that is committed to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Collaborative working within our departments and campuses to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop.
- A college that promotes and supports flexible working.
- On-site canteens with locally sourced ingredients.
- A Cycle to Work scheme.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to support your students.
A comprehensive Staff awards, rewards and wellbeing scheme.
Certificate in IT User Skills, ECDL or equivalent experience in spreadsheets, word processing and complex database systems.
- NVQ level 2 in Business Administration.
- GCSE or equivalent - grade 4 (C) or above in English and Maths or level 2 Literacy and Numeracy qualifications.
- Administrative experience within a varied and diverse range of settings.
- Inputting, accessing and interpreting information from databases accurately.
- Experience in an educational setting.
- Experience in customer service and working with the public.
- Use of ProSolution.
Knowledge & Skills
- Attention to detail.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally.
- Ability to work without supervision and refer issues appropriately to line manager.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
The college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment at the college is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check via the Disclosure and Barring Service, and any post in regulated activity will also be subject to an additional barred list check.