If you have catering experience and are looking for an exciting new opportunity with regular hours Monday – Friday with no weekend working, then Kendal College would like to hear from you.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual with high standards to work in our busy training kitchens to help the smooth running of day-to-day classes and restaurant services, supporting the tutors and maintaining our high standards of excellence and hygiene throughout.
Full time Permanent role
Hours per week: 37 hours
Weeks per year: 52 weeks
Pay: Salary Band B: £19,392
Closing date: 22nd August 2022
Why Choose Us
Located next to the breath-taking UNESCO World Heritage site of the Lake District, Kendal College is an FE College that consistently punches above its weight on the national stage. Under the leadership of our Principal, Kelvin Nash, Kendal College is embarking on a series of bold steps to grow the College and remain a top-notch education provider for Cumbria and the Northwest region. The College recognises the wellbeing of its staff as a priority, as well as ensuring that excellent work is appropriately recognised and that a healthy work-life balance is maintained.
What We offer
- A generous holiday entitlement
- 7 efficiency days per year (pro rata) in addition to your hard-earned holiday allocation.
- A College that is committed to developing its staff and providing opportunities for advancement.
- Collaborative working within our departments and campuses to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop.
- A College that promotes and supports flexible working
- On-site canteens with locally sourced ingredients.
- A comprehensive Staff awards, rewards, and Wellbeing scheme
- A Cycle to Work scheme
In addition to that, we are and have consistently invested in providing our students and staff with an outstanding and unrivalled range of modern facilities and resources.
To work throughout the Hospitality department including catering classes and the training kitchens, as well as the Café ensuring timely distribution of goods whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene. Provide support for learning, functions, and events both on and off site. Within the Café, assist with setting up and closing down, serving, and ensuring cleanliness and high standards throughout. Work flexibly to meet the needs of the College.
Responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
Please see Job Description for full details.
The Right Candidate will have:
Qualifications – Essential
- Food Hygiene Certificate L2
Qualifications – Desirable
- Qualification in Health & Safety
- First Aid
- English and Maths (A-C)
Experience – Essential
- Experience of working in a catering environment
Knowledge & Skills – Essential
- Good Numeracy Skills
- Good Communication Skills
- Flexible approach to work to meet changing demands of department
- Excellent Personal Presentation
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment at the College is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check via the Disclosure and Barring Service and any post in regulated activity will also be subject to an additional barred list check.