Are you experienced in the field of Accounting and looking for a new challenge?
Are you excited by the prospect of passing on your knowledge and experience to the next generation of students?
Job Title: Apprenticeship Lecturer - Accounting
Permanent part time role: 0.6 - 1.0 fte (22.2 - 37 hours per week)
Pay Scale – L1 £26734 - £33,786
Actual Pay: £16,042 - £20,272 for 22.2 hours per week up to £26734 - £33,786 for full time hours
Closing Date: 22nd August , 2022
The successful candidate will themselves be educated to at least Level 4 and capable of sharing their knowledge with our students in an engaging and informative manner that befits their passion for the subject. Teaching experience is desirable, but we are looking for someone with the confidence to share their experience and knowledge with our students - we would provide support for gaining a formal teaching qualification alongside your work with us.
- Deliver an excellent learning experience to apprentices in a timely manner.
- To plan, coordinate, assess and review the learning activities associated with the apprentice programmes in the classroom and in the workplace.
- To monitor progress of apprentices using the College’s ePortfolio software and plan on a timely basis assessment and verification to ensure that apprentices achieve their training programme.
- To provide guidance and mentoring for apprentices, carry out assessment and verification with a particular emphasis on Apprenticeship and Work Based Learning programmes.
- To keep accurate records and be compliant with College systems and processes.
- Responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Assist all learners with their English and Maths programmes where relevant.
See Job description for full details.
Why Choose Us
Located next to the breath-taking UNESCO World Heritage site of the Lake District, Kendal College is an FE College that consistently punches above its weight on the national stage. Under the leadership of our Principal, Kelvin Nash, Kendal College is embarking on a series of bold steps to grow the College and remain a top-notch education provider for Cumbria and the North West region. Our students are focused on their learning, achieve high levels of attainment and consistently give us high satisfaction ratings. The College recognises the wellbeing of its staff as a priority, as well as ensuring that excellent work is appropriately recognised and that a healthy work-life balance is maintained.
What We Offer
- A generous holiday entitlement
- 7 efficiency days per year (pro rata) in addition to your hard-earned holiday allocation.
- A College that is committed to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Collaborative working within our departments and campuses to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop.A College that promotes and supports flexible working
- On-site canteens with locally sourced ingredients.
- A Cycle to Work scheme.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to support your students.
- A comprehensive Staff awards, rewards and Wellbeing scheme.
Job Requirements - The Right Candidate will have:
Qualifications – Essential
- Teacher qualification (or to gain this within two years of the start of employment)
- Level 4 qualified in a relevant vocational area
- GCSE Maths and English at grade A-C (9-4) or equivalent at Level 2
Qualifications - Desirable
- Key Skills Level 3 or equivalent
- Assessor and Verifier Awards
Experience – Essential
- Recent relevant and up to date vocational experience within a vocational sector
Experience – Desirable
- Knowledge of apprenticeships
Knowledge/Skills – Essential
- Comprehensive current technical knowledge and skills commensurate with the vocational context of this role.
- The ability to travel to Apprentices’ workplaces
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Suitable character for working with children and vulnerable adults
- Good knowledge of health and safety at work in an educational and vocational environment
Knowledge/Skills – Desirable
- Working on marketing and customer related tasks
- Full driving licence
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment at the College is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check via the Disclosure and Barring Service and any post in regulated activity will also be subject to an additional barred list check