Do you have a passion for supporting learners to achieve their potential?
Are you looking for a more flexible role that will suit your personal circumstances?
Have you always wanted to live and work within an area of natural beauty and vibrant culture?
Permanent post 0.5 – 1.0 fte (18.5 hrs – 37 hrs per week)
Pay Band D Points 16-19
Actual Pay: £10,362- £11,280 for 18.5 hrs per week to £20,724 - £22,561 for full time plus performance related pay
Closing Date: 26.9.2021 5pm
Kendal College is seeking a motivated and competent Apprenticeship Facilitator to join our outstanding team. The role comes with the freedom to independently and proactively manage your own workload to ensure full utilisation, as long as quality standards are maintained. Alongside our competitive holiday package, this role would suit candidates from all backgrounds who are interested in helping to make a difference to the lives of our students.
As a Facilitator, you will be responsible for managing your own designated workload of apprentices through the sign up and review process, as well as providing ad hoc support to our Lecturers when required. The successful candidate must have an eye for detail to ensure all paperwork is kept accurate, up to date, and capable of supporting the College’s efforts to market our courses to existing and potential clients. The role may require an element of remote working as well as being in College and travel throughout the country.
- To co-ordinate and monitor progress of apprentices using the College’s processes, review apprentices’ progress on a timely basis ensure that apprentices complete their apprenticeship.
- To provide advice, support and mentorship for apprentices, liaising with others to ensure they make the progress expected towards the completion of their apprenticeship in compliance with College policies and procedures.
- To provide employers with information and advice about the benefits of having an apprentice, liaise with them about their apprentices’ progress and highlight where there are concerns arising about this, all in line with Skills Funding Agency requirements.
- Responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
WHY CHOOSE US
Located next to the breath-taking UNESCO World Heritage site of the Lake District, Kendal College is an FE College that consistently punches above its weight on the national stage. Under the leadership of our Principal, Kelvin Nash, Kendal College is embarking on a series of bold steps to grow the College and remain a top-notch education provider for Cumbria and the North West region. Our students are focused on their learning, achieve high levels of attainment and consistently give us high satisfaction ratings. The College recognises the wellbeing of its staff as a priority, as well as ensuring that excellent work is appropriately recognised and that a healthy work-life balance is maintained.
WHAT WE OFFER
• A generous holiday entitlement
• 7 efficiency days per year in addition to your hard-earned holiday allocation.
• A College that is committed to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
• Collaborative working within our departments and campuses to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop.
• A College that promotes and supports flexible working
• On-site canteens with locally sourced ingredients.
• A Cycle to Work scheme.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to support your students without limitations.
• A comprehensive Staff awards, rewards and Wellbeing scheme
The Right Person will have:
Qualifications – Essential
- Level 3 Qualified
- GCSE Maths and English at grade A-C or equivalent at Level 2
Qualifications – Desirable
- Key Skills Level 3 or equivalent
- Higher level qualifications
- Assessor and Verifier Awards
- Health & Safety
- L3 ‘learning mentor’
Experience – Desirable
- Delivery of work based training in work place or College environment
Knowledge and Skills - Essential
- Ability to travel to apprentices workplaces
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Suitable character for working with children and vulnerable adults
- Good knowledge of health and safety at work in an educational and vocational environment
- An understanding of the importance of Health and safety procedures
- Ability to understand what knowledge, skills and behaviours an apprentice needs to be successful
- Organisational skills
Knowledge and Skills – Desirable
- Working on marketing and customer related tasks
- Full clean driving licence
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment at the College is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check via the Disclosure and Barring Service and any post in regulated activity will also be subject to an additional barred list check.