Are you an experienced Administrator looking for a new challenge? Do you have an eye for detail and can work to strict deadlines?
Have you always wanted to live and work within an area of natural beauty and vibrant culture?
Full time (37 hours per week) Permanent post
Pay Scale: C £18,601 to £20,155 depending upon qualifications and experience
Closing Date: 17th June, 2021
The successful candidate will have experience of working in an educational setting, a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and in particular, accuracy using spreadsheets and database systems.
To provide support with the processes relating to student’s examination, both internal and external to the College’s premises.
All staff have a responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Please see Job description for full details.
Why Choose Us
Located next to the breath-taking UNESCO World Heritage site of the Lake District, Kendal College is an FE College that consistently punches above its weight on the national stage. Under the leadership of our Principal, Kelvin Nash, Kendal College is embarking on a series of bold steps to grow the College and remain a top-notch education provider for Cumbria and the North West region. Our students are focused on their learning, achieve high levels of attainment and consistently give us high satisfaction ratings. The College recognises the wellbeing of its staff as a priority, as well as ensuring that excellent work is appropriately recognised and that a healthy work-life balance is maintained.
What We Offer
- A generous holiday entitlement
- 7 efficiency days per year (pro rata) in addition to your hard-earned holiday allocation.
- A College that is committed to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Collaborative working within our departments and campuses to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop.
- A College that promotes and supports flexible working
- On-site canteens with locally sourced ingredients.
- A Cycle to Work scheme.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to support your students.
- A comprehensive Staff awards, rewards and Wellbeing scheme.
Job Requirements - The Right Candidate will have:
Qualifications – Essential
- IT or equivalent certificate/experience in spreadsheets, word processing and database systems
- GCSE Grade C or above in English and Maths or L2 Literacy and Numeracy qualifications
Qualifications - Desirable
- NVQ 3 in IT or Business Administration
Experience – Essential
- Inputting, accessing and interpreting information from databases accurately
- Administrative experience within an educational environment
Experience – Desirable
- Experience of customer service and working with the public
- Examination procedures, and working in an Exams environment
Knowledge/Skills – Essential
- Attention to detail
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally
- Ability to work with supervision and refer issues appropriately to line manager
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Awareness of the requirements of the Data Protection Act
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment at the College is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check via the Disclosure and Barring Service and any post in regulated activity will also be subject to an additional barred list check