We are currently seeking a temporary Apprenticeship Lecturer to join our Health & Social Care Department. The successful candidate must be well qualified, highly competent and experienced in Health & Social Care, and capable of sharing their knowledge with our students in an engaging and informative manner. This post will be up to 30 hours per week as required to cover staff absence.
Temporary post to cover absence - up to 30 hours per week as required
Pay £25.69 per hour which includes holiday pay
To Apply: Send in your CV with a completed Expression of Interest form to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible
- Deliver an excellent learning experience to apprentices in a timely manner.
- To plan, coordinate, assess and review the learning activities associated with the apprentice programmes in the classroom and in the workplace.
- To monitor progress of apprentices using the College’s ePortfolio software and plan on a timely basis assessment and verification to ensure that apprentices achieve their training programme.
- To provide guidance and mentoring for apprentices, carry out assessment and verification with a particular emphasis on Apprenticeship and Work Based Learning programmes.
- To keep accurate records and be compliant with College systems and processes.
- Responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Assist all learners with their English and Maths programmes where relevant.
See Job Description for full details.
Why Choose Us
Located next to the breath-taking UNESCO World Heritage site of the Lake District, Kendal College is an FE College that consistently punches above its weight on the national stage. Under the leadership of our Principal, Kelvin Nash, Kendal College is embarking on a series of bold steps to grow the College and remain a top-notch education provider for Cumbria and the North West region. Our students are focused on their learning, achieve high levels of attainment and consistently give us high satisfaction ratings. The College recognises the wellbeing of its staff as a priority, as well as ensuring that excellent work is appropriately recognised and that a healthy work-life balance is maintained.
What We offer
- A College that is committed to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Collaborative working within our departments and campuses to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop.
- A College that promotes and supports flexible working
- On-site canteens with locally sourced ingredients.
- A Cycle to Work scheme.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to support your students
- A comprehensive Staff awards, rewards and Wellbeing scheme
Job Requirements - The Right Candidate will have:
Qualifications – Essential
- Level 3 qualified in a relevant vocational area
- Assessor and Verifier Awards
- Health & Safety
- GCSE Maths and English at grade A to C, or equivalent at level 2
- Teacher qualification (or to gain this within two years of the start of employment)
Qualifications - Desirable
- Level 4 qualified in a relevant vocational area
- Key Skills Level 3 or equivalent
Experience – Essential
- Recent relevant and up to date vocational experience within a vocational sector
Experience - Desirable
- Delivery of NVQ in the work place or College environment
Knowledge/Skills – Essential
- Working knowledge of NVQ processes
- Ability to travel to Apprentices' workplaces
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Suitable character for working with children and vulnerable adults
- Comprehensive current technical knowledge and skills commensurate with the vocational context of this role.
- Good knowledge of health and safety at work in an educational and vocational environment
Knowledge/skills – Desirable
- Working on marketing and customer related tasks
- Full driving licence
Kendal College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.