Are you an experienced Electrician or Electrical Installation Lecturer looking for a new challenge?
Are you excited by the prospect of passing on your knowledge and experience to the next generation of students?
Have you always wanted to live and work within an area of natural beauty and vibrant culture?
- Full-time (37 hours a week)
- Permanent post
- £25,199 - £31,845 per annum, dependent on qualifications and experience
Closing date: 30th June 2021
All staff have a responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Why Choose Us
Set within the breath-taking UNESCO World Heritage site of the Lake District, Kendal College is an FE College that consistently punches above its weight on the national stage. Under the leadership of our Principal, Kelvin Nash, Kendal College is embarking on a series of bold steps to grow the College and remain a top-notch education provider for Cumbria and the North West region. Our students are focused on their learning, achieve high levels of attainment and consistently give us high satisfaction ratings. The College recognises the wellbeing of its staff as a priority, as well as ensuring that excellent work is appropriately recognised and that a healthy work-life balance is maintained.
What We Offer
- A generous holiday entitlement 42 days per year
- 7 efficiency days per year in addition to your hard-earned holiday allocation
- A College that is committed to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability
- Collaborative working within our departments and campuses to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop
- A College that promotes and supports flexible working
- On-site canteens with locally sourced ingredients
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to support your students
- A comprehensive Staff awards, rewards and Wellbeing scheme
The Right Person Will Have:
- A recognised teaching qualification or be willing to obtain within 2 years of appointment
- Level 3 Vocational qualification or higher
- English and Maths at Level 2 (GCSE A* to C or equivalent)
- Assessor & Verifier Award
- A Level 4 academic qualification or equivalent qualification in the related discipline
- Industrial or Commercial experience of electrical installation
- Industrial experience of working with power distribution systems
- Recent experience of teaching in an FE/HE environment
- Effective communication skills
- Effective presentation skills
- Effective use of ILT to promote teaching and learning and monitor learning
- Good general knowledge of health and safety at work in an educational and the relevant vocational environment
- Ability to provide high quality pastoral care to learners
- Effective classroom management skills
- Comprehensive current technical knowledge and skills commensurate with the required vocational delivery
Essential requirements are those without which application will not normally be considered for appointment.
Kendal College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.