Do you enjoy developing relationships/partnership working and have knowledge of careers education? Can you relate to young people and adults?
- Full-time (37 hours a week)
- Permanent post
- £20,724 - £22,561 per annum, dependent on qualifications and experience
Closing date: 20th April 2021
Would you like to work in a busy environment, supporting a wide variety of creative and organisational projects? Kendal College is seeking a friendly and proactive, person who can communicate with a range of people for our School and Community Liaison Officer.
This is an exciting role that will include working across both the Student Services and Marketing Departments in college. The role will involve outreach work in our catchment schools, including evening events, and thus candidates must have the ability to travel across Cumbria, North Lancashire and Yorkshire with equipment.
The post holder will operate within the Student Services & Marketing team to raise the profile of the college and support the college to meet the Gatsby benchmarks.
All staff have a responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
For full details please see the Job Description and Person Specification.
Why Choose Us
Set within the breath-taking UNESCO World Heritage site of the Lake District, Kendal College is an FE College that consistently punches above its weight on the national stage. Under the leadership of our Principal, Kelvin Nash, Kendal College is embarking on a series of bold steps to grow the College and remain a top-notch education provider for Cumbria and the North West region. Our students are focused on their learning, achieve high levels of attainment and consistently give us high satisfaction ratings. The College recognises the wellbeing of its staff as a priority, as well as ensuring that excellent work is appropriately recognised and that a healthy work-life balance is maintained.
What We Offer
- A generous holiday entitlement
- 7 efficiency days per year (pro-rata) in addition to your hard-earned holiday allocation
- A College that is committed to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability
- Collaborative working within our departments and campuses to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop
- A College that promotes and supports flexible working
- On-site canteens with locally sourced ingredients
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to support your students without limitations
- A comprehensive Staff awards, rewards and Wellbeing scheme
The Right Person Will Have:
- Level 3 qualifications
- GCSE Grade C or above in English and Maths or L2 Literacy and Numeracy qualifications
- Careers/ IAG Level 3 or above
- IT Level 2 or above
- PGCE/teaching qualifications
- Experience developing effective relationships/partnership working
- Experience developing promotional/information materials
- Experience within an FE or educational environment
- Experience of working with young people and adults in a careers/ personal development environment
- Experience delivering engaging presentations & workshops
- The ability to travel with equipment to catchment schools
- Knowledge of careers education
- Ability to relate to young people and adults
- Team player with enthusiasm and perseverance
- Good copywriter/proofreader
- Evidence of very good organisational skills, encouraging positive, collaborative working practices
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to work with minimal supervision but to refer issues appropriately on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written, IT and communication skills
- Full, clean driving license
Essential requirements are those without which application will not normally be considered for appointment.
Kendal College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.