Do you enjoy the challenges of a busy and varied work environment?
Are you able to work confidently and accurately when facing multiple deadlines?
Job Title: Apprenticeship Business Administrator (Apprentice)
Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship
Full time - (37 hours per week) Apprenticeship (approx. 18 months)
Hourly rate (dependent on age):
- 16 to 17 - £4.62
- 18 to 20 - £6.56
- 21 to 22 - £8.36
- 23 over - £8.91
Closing Date: 11th April 2021
Consistently ranked in the top five percent of UK Colleges for learner success rates (for 16-18 year olds); Kendal College is seeking an Apprentice for our Apprenticeships Business Administrator role.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to start a career in administration and enjoy working with people, Kendal College would like to hear from you!
To provide administrative support to relevant departments and to assist the Functional Skill assessors with administration support.
Why Choose Us
Set within the breath-taking UNESCO World Heritage site of the Lake District, Kendal College is an FE College that consistently punches above its weight on the national stage. Under the leadership of our Principal, Kelvin Nash, Kendal College is embarking on a series of bold steps to grow the College and remain a top-notch education provider for Cumbria and the North West region. Our students are focused on their learning, achieve high levels of attainment and consistently give us high satisfaction ratings. The College recognises the wellbeing of its staff as a priority, as well as ensuring that excellent work is appropriately recognised and that a healthy work-life balance is maintained.
What We Offer
- A generous holiday entitlement
- 7 efficiency days per year in addition to your hard-earned holiday allocation (pro-rata)
- A College that is committed to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability
- Collaborative working within our departments and campuses to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop
- A College that promotes and supports flexible working
- On-site canteens with locally sourced ingredients
- A comprehensive Staff awards, rewards and Wellbeing scheme
- A Cycle to Work scheme
The Right Person Will Have:
Qualifications – Essential
- Certificate in IT User Skills, ECDL or equivalent experience in spreadsheets, word processing and complex database systems
Qualifications - Desirable
- GCSE Grade C or above in English and Maths or L2 Literacy and Numeracy qualifications
Experience – Essential
- Inputting, accessing and interpreting information from databases accurately
- Experience of customer service and working with the public
Experience - Desirable
- Use of Customer Relation Management Systems
- Administrative experience within an educational environment
Knowledge & Skills – Essential
- Attention to detail
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally
- Ability to work with supervision and refer issues appropriately to line manager
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Awareness of the requirements of the Data Protection Act
Knowledge & Skills - Desirable
- Student records data processes
Essential requirements are those without which application will not normally be considered for appointment.
Kendal College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.