If you have experience of working in a catering environment and are looking for an exciting new opportunity with regular hours then we want to hear from you.
Contract Term: Part-time/temporary post until June 2021 - term time only
Hours: 8am – 2pm Monday to Friday (27.5 hours per week)
Pay Band B Point 9 (£17,032 full time equivalent)
Closing Date: 25/11/2020
An opportunity has arisen for a reliable and motivated person to join the College Cafe Team until June 2021. The ideal candidate will embrace College values including having a responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Why Choose Us
Set within the breath-taking UNESCO World Heritage site of the Lake District, Kendal College is an FE College that consistently punches above its weight on the national stage. Under the leadership of our Principal, Kelvin Nash, Kendal College is embarking on a series of bold steps to grow the College and remain a top-notch education provider for Cumbria and the North West region. The College recognises the wellbeing of its staff as a priority, as well as ensuring that excellent work is appropriately recognised and that a healthy work-life balance is maintained.
What We offer
- A College that is committed to developing its staff and providing opportunities for advancement.
- Collaborative working within our departments and campuses to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop.
- A College that promotes and supports flexible working
- On-site canteens with locally sourced ingredients.
- A comprehensive Staff awards, rewards and Wellbeing scheme
- A Cycle to Work scheme and discounted gym membership
In addition to that, we are and have consistently invested in providing our students and staff with an outstanding and unrivalled range of modern facilities and resources.
To work throughout the Hospitality department including catering classes and the training kitchens, as well as the Café ensuring timely distribution of goods whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene. Provide support for learning, functions and events both on and off site. Within the Café, assist with setting up and closing down, serving and ensuring cleanliness and high standards throughout. Work flexibly to meet the needs of the College.
Responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
The Right Candidate will have:
Qualifications – Essential
- Food Hygiene Qualification L2
Qualifications – Desirable
- First Aid
Knowledge and Skills - Essential
- English and Maths (A-C)
- Good Numeracy Skills
- Good Communication Skills
- Flexible approach to work to meet changing demands of department
- Excellent Personal Presentation
Experience - Essential
- Experience of working in a catering environment
Applications without the essential requirements will not normally be considered for appointment.
Kendal College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.