Do you have a passion for Carpentry and Joinery? Are you excited by the prospect of passing on your knowledge and experience to the next generation of students? Have you always dreamed of living and working within an area of natural beauty and vibrant culture?
Contract Term: Permanent
Hours: Full-time (37 hours per week)
Salary: £24,949 – £31,530, depending upon qualifications and experience
Closing Date: 20/11/2020
Kendal College is seeking a passionate and knowledgeable Lecturer to join us in delivering outstanding teaching and learning on our Carpentry & Joinery courses.
You will be educated to at least Level 3 and capable of sharing your knowledge and experience with our students in an engaging and informative manner. Teaching experience is desirable, but we are looking for someone with the confidence to share their experience and knowledge with our students - we would provide support for gaining a formal teaching qualification alongside your work with us.
- To develop a stimulating an exciting programme for learners.
- To manage and provide good quality teaching and learning to support student achievement.
- To seek to ensure that student retention and achievement targets are met.
- To contribute towards the College’s strategic objectives.
- Provide a safe and healthy environment in which to work and learn.
- Ensure a high quality of adequate resources and materials are provided to enhance learning, thereby enriching the opportunity and experience of learners.
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Why Choose Us
Set within the breath-taking UNESCO World Heritage site of the Lake District, Kendal College is an FE College that consistently punches above its weight on the national stage. Under the leadership of our Principal, Kelvin Nash, Kendal College is embarking on a series of bold steps to grow the College and remain a top-notch education provider for Cumbria and the North West region. Our students are focused on their learning, achieve high levels of attainment and consistently give us high satisfaction ratings. The College recognises the wellbeing of its staff as a priority, as well as ensuring that excellent work is appropriately recognised and that a healthy work-life balance is maintained.
What We offer
- A generous holiday entitlement.
- 7 efficiency days per year (pro rata) in addition to your hard-earned holiday allocation.
- A College that is committed to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Collaborative working within our departments and campuses to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop.
- A College that promotes and supports flexible working.
- On-site canteens with locally sourced ingredients.
- A Cycle to Work scheme and discounted gym membership.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to support your students without limitations.
- A comprehensive Staff awards, rewards and wellbeing scheme.
The Right Candidate Will Have:
- A recognised teaching qualification, or be willing to obtain within 2 years of appointment
- Level 3 Vocational qualification
- English and Maths at Level 2 (GCSE A* to C or equivalent)
- Trades, e.g. Joinery Level 3
- Assessor Award
- IV Award
- A degree or equivalent qualification in the related discipline
- In variety of trades – to teach Level 1 learners and to support students in identifying their future pathway
- Practical specific experience of work within industry sector role
- Recent experience of teaching in an FE/HE environment
- Effective communication skills
- Effective presentation skills
- Effective use of ILT to promote teaching and learning and monitor learning
- Good general knowledge of health and safety at work in an educational and the relevant vocational environment
- Ability to provide high quality pastoral care to learners
- Effective classroom management skills
- Comprehensive current technical knowledge and skills commensurate with the required vocational delivery
Applications without the essential requirements will not normally be considered for appointment.
Kendal College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.