Are you an experienced Plumber or Plumbing Lecturer looking for a new challenge? Do you enjoy passing on your knowledge and experience to the next generation of students? Have you always wanted to live and work within an area of natural beauty and vibrant culture?
Contract Term: Permanent
Hours: Full-time (37 hours per week)
Salary: £25,199 – £31,845, depending upon qualifications and experience
Closing Date: 30/06/2021
Kendal College is seeking a highly competent and knowledgeable individual to join our Construction department and help us deliver outstanding teaching and learning on our Plumbing courses.
We are looking for candidates who have had experience in working within an industrial setting and hold at least a Level 3 vocational qualification. The successful candidate will be capable of sharing their knowledge with our students in an engaging and informative manner. Teaching experience is desirable, but we are looking for someone with the confidence to share their experience and knowledge with our students - we would provide support for gaining a formal teaching qualification alongside your work with us.
- To develop a stimulating and exciting programme for learners.
- To manage and provide good quality teaching and learning to support student achievement.
- To seek to ensure that student retention and achievement targets are met.
- To contribute towards the College’s strategic objectives.
- Provide a safe and healthy environment in which to work and learn.
- Ensure a high quality of adequate resources and materials are provided to enhance learning, thereby enriching the opportunity and experience of learners.
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Please see job description for full details.
Why Choose Us
Located next to the breath-taking UNESCO World Heritage site of the Lake District, Kendal College is an FE College that consistently punches above its weight on the national stage. Under the leadership of our Principal, Kelvin Nash, Kendal College is embarking on a series of bold steps to grow the College and remain a top-notch education provider for Cumbria and the North West region. Our students are focused on their learning, achieve high levels of attainment and consistently give us high satisfaction ratings. The College recognises the wellbeing of its staff as a priority, as well as ensuring that excellent work is appropriately recognised and that a healthy work-life balance is maintained.
What We offer
- A generous holiday entitlement of 42 days.
- 7 efficiency days per year in addition to your hard-earned holiday allocation.
- A College that is committed to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Collaborative working within our departments and campuses to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop.
- A College that promotes and supports flexible working.
- On-site canteens with locally sourced ingredients.
- A Cycle to Work scheme.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to support your students.
- A comprehensive Staff awards, rewards and wellbeing scheme.
The Right Candidate Will Have:
- A recognised teaching qualification or be willing to obtain within 2 years of appointment
- Level 3 Vocational qualification in Plumbing
- English and Maths at Level 2 (GCSE A* to C or equivalent)
- Assessor Award
- IV award
- A degree or equivalent qualification in the related discipline
- Experience of working in a relevant industrial/commercial environment
- Recent experience of teaching in an FE/HE environment
- Minimum of NVQ L3 on Plumbing
- Gas Safe registered
- An ability to react to changes in demand/curriculum
- Able to work as part of a team
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Full UK driving license
- Effective communication skills
- Effective presentation skills
- Effective use of ILT to promote teaching and learning and monitor learning
- Good general knowledge of health and safety at work in an educational and the relevant vocational environment
- Ability to provide high quality pastoral care to learners
- Effective classroom management skills
- Comprehensive current technical knowledge and skills commensurate with the required vocational delivery
Applications without the essential requirements will not normally be considered for appointment.
Kendal College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.