The successful candidate will be capable of sharing their knowledge with our students in an engaging and informative manner that benefits their passion for the subject.
- Full or part-time, permanent post
22 to 37 hours per week.
£28,359 to £35,840 (based on full-time), depending upon qualifications and experience. This post might be open to a Curriculum Lead, depending on skill and experience. The job description for CL is available via HR at firstname.lastname@example.org. Curriculum lead role based on full-time, dependant on qualifications and experience, is £38,019 to £40,325.
- Closing date
Sunday, 3rd December 2023.
Are you an experienced English teacher? Are you excited by the prospect of passing on your knowledge and experience to the next generation of students? Have you always wanted to live and work within an area of natural beauty and vibrant culture?
The successful candidate will themselves be educated to a degree level or equivalent and capable of sharing their knowledge with our students in an engaging and informative manner that benefits their passion for the subject. There is flexibility available for a job share, part-time or full-time working.
Teaching experience is desirable, but we are looking for someone with the confidence to share their experience and knowledge with our students - we would provide support for gaining a formal teaching qualification alongside your work with us.
Summary of responsibilities
- To develop stimulating programmes for learners.
- To manage and provide good quality teaching and learning to support student achievement.
- To seek to ensure that student retention and achievement targets are met.
- To contribute towards the college’s strategic objectives.
- Provide a safe and healthy environment in which to work and learn.
- Ensure a high quality of adequate resources and materials are provided to enhance learning, thereby enriching the opportunity and experience of learners.
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults.
See the Job Description for full details.
Why choose us?
Set within the Lake District's breathtaking UNESCO World Heritage site, Kendal College is an FE college that consistently punches above its weight on the national stage. Under the leadership of our new Principal, the college is embarking on a series of bold steps to grow the college and remain a top-notch education provider for Cumbria and the North West region. Our students focus on their learning, achieve high levels of attainment and consistently give us high satisfaction ratings. The college recognises the wellbeing of its staff as a priority, as well as ensuring that excellent work is appropriately identified and that a healthy work-life balance is maintained.
What we offer
- A generous holiday entitlement
- Seven efficiency days per year (pro rata) in addition to your hard-earned holiday allocation
- Sick pay and pension scheme
- Support to help you transition into college life
- Excellent CPD opportunities so you can gain a formal teaching qualification whilst working with us and continue to grow and develop
- A college that promotes and supports flexible working
- Fantastic facilities and resources to support our students
- On-site canteens with locally sourced ingredients
- A cycle-to-work and electric car scheme
- A comprehensive staff awards, rewards and wellbeing scheme, including:
- Employee assistance program with Health Assured
- Discounted gym membership
- Local discounts
- Extensive retail discounts
What we're looking for
|A recognised teaching qualification or be willing to obtain within 2 years of appointment|
|A degree or equivalent qualification in the related discipline|
|English and Maths at Level 2 (GCSE A* to C or equivalent)|
|Recent experience of teaching in an educational environment||Recent experience of teaching in an educational environment|
Knowledge & Skills
|Effective communication skills|
|Effective presentation skills|
|Effective use of ILT to promote teaching and learning and monitor learning|
|Good general knowledge of health and safety at work in an educational and the relevant vocational environment|
|Ability to provide high quality pastoral care to learners|
|Effective classroom management skills|
|Comprehensive current technical knowledge and skills commensurate with the required vocational delivery|
Applications without the essential requirements will not usually be considered for appointment.
Right to work
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility and a photo ID will be required from candidates at the interview as part of our standard recruitment process.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expect all staff to share this commitment. Employment at the college is subject to an enhanced DBS check via the Disclosure & Barring Service, and any post in regulated activity will also be subject to an additional barred list check.