We are looking to employ additional people to join our cleaning team – we can offer full and part-time hours on a permanent contract. The successful applicant could be asked to work at any of the three college campuses within this role.
- Full or part-time, permanent or temporary post.
Monday to Friday (part-time hours available).
£10.83 per hour.
- Closing date.
Sunday, 3rd December 2023.
Do you have a passion for cleaning? Can you work confidently independently and within a team?
An opportunity has arisen at our Milnthorpe Road Campus for a reliable and motivated person to join our cleaning team. The ideal candidate will help maintain a high level of cleanliness on college premises at all times for staff, students and visitors. They will embrace college values, including having responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Whilst this role is based at Milnthorpe Road, the successful applicant will be required at times to work at our Arts & Media and Westmorland campuses.
Why choose us?
Set within the breathtaking UNESCO World Heritage site of the Lake District, Kendal College is an FE college that consistently punches above its weight on the national stage. Under the leadership of our Principal, Kelvin Nash, the college is embarking on a series of bold steps to grow the college and remain a top-notch education provider for Cumbria and the North West region. Our students focus on their learning, achieve high levels of attainment and consistently give us high satisfaction ratings. The College recognises the wellbeing of its staff as a priority, as well as ensuring that excellent work is appropriately recognised and that a healthy work-life balance is maintained.
What we offer
- Generous holiday entitlement.
- Seven efficiency days per year (pro rata) in addition to your hard-earned holiday allocation.
- Collaborative working within our departments and campuses supports our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop.
- A college that promotes and supports flexible working.
- On-site canteen with locally sourced ingredients.
- A Cycle to Work scheme and discounted gym membership.
- A comprehensive staff awards, rewards and wellbeing scheme.
What we're looking for
|First Aid certificate|
|Ability to work unsupervised on own initiative||Previous all round cleaning experience in a busy environment|
Knowledge & Skills
|Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise|
Applications without the essential requirements will not usually be considered for appointment.
Right to work
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility and a photo ID will be required from candidates at the interview as part of our standard recruitment process.
Kendal College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.