We are looking for a candidate with skills in multi-trades such as joinery, carpentry, plumbing, property maintenance or construction.
- Full or part-time, permanent post
22 to 37 hours per week.
£28,359 to £35,840 (based on full-time), depending upon working hours, qualifications, and experience.
- Closing date
Sunday, 3rd December 2023.
Do you have a passion for construction? Are you excited about passing on your knowledge and experience to the next generation of students? We are looking for a candidate with skills in multitrades such as joinery, carpentry, plumbing, property maintenance or construction.
The successful candidate will be required to develop and deliver a stimulating programme for learners and to manage and provide good quality teaching and learning to support student achievement.
They will seek to ensure that student retention and achievement targets are met to contribute towards the college’s strategic objectives and provide a safe and healthy environment to work and learn.
Ensure a high quality of adequate resources and materials are provided to enhance learning, thereby enriching the opportunity and experience of learners.
The successful candidate will themselves be educated to at least level 3 and capable of sharing their knowledge with our students in an engaging and informative manner that benefits their passion for the subject.
Teaching experience is desirable, but we are looking for someone with the confidence to share their experience and knowledge with our students - we would provide support for gaining a formal teaching qualification alongside your work with us.
The successful candidate will provide consistently high standards of student experience and progress throughout the area of responsibility.
All staff are responsible for safety, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults.
Summary of responsibilities
- To develop stimulating programmes for learners.
- To manage and provide good quality teaching and learning to support student achievement.
- To seek to ensure that student retention and achievement targets are met.
- To contribute towards the college’s strategic objectives.
- Provide a safe and healthy environment in which to work and learn.
- Ensure a high quality of adequate resources and materials are provided to enhance learning, thereby enriching the opportunity and experience of learners. We are safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults.
See the Job Description for full details.
Why choose us?
Set within the Lake District's breathtaking UNESCO World Heritage site, Kendal College is an FE college that consistently punches above its weight on the national stage. Under the leadership of our new Principal, the college is embarking on a series of bold steps to grow the college and remain a top-notch education provider for Cumbria and the North West region. Our students focus on their learning, achieve high levels of attainment and consistently give us high satisfaction ratings. The college recognises the wellbeing of its staff as a priority, as well as ensuring that excellent work is appropriately identified and that a healthy work-life balance is maintained.
What we offer
- A generous holiday entitlement.
- Seven efficiency days per year (pro rata).
- Sick pay and pension scheme.
- Support to help you transition into college life.
- Excellent CPD opportunities so you can gain a formal teaching qualification whilst working with us and continue to grow and develop.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals keen to develop and learn.
- A college that promotes and supports flexible working.
- A college committed to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to support your students.
- Collaborative working within our departments and campuses supports our endeavours to work smarter and effectively balance home and work.
- On-site canteens with locally sourced ingredients.
- A cycle-to-work scheme.
- A comprehensive staff awards, rewards and wellbeing scheme.
What we're looking for
|A recognised teaching qualification or be willing to obtain within 2 years of appointment||Assessor Award|
|Level 3 Vocational qualification||IV Award|
|English and Maths at Level 2 (GCSE A* to C or equivalent)||A degree or equivalent qualification in the related discipline|
|Trades e.g. Joinery L3, Carpentry, plumbing, property maintenance or construction|
|In variety of trades – to teach Level 1 learners and to support students in identifying their future pathway||Recent experience of teaching in an FE/HE environment|
|Practical specific experience of work within industry sector role|
Knowledge & Skills
|Effective communication skills|
|Effective presentation skills|
|Effective use of ILT to promote teaching and learning and monitor learning|
|Good general knowledge of health and safety at work in an educational and the relevant vocational environment|
|Ability to provide high quality pastoral care to learners|
|Effective classroom management skills|
|Comprehensive current technical knowledge and skills commensurate with the required vocational delivery|
Applications without the essential requirements will not usually be considered for appointment.
Right to work
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility and a photo ID will be required from candidates at the interview as part of our standard recruitment process.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expect all staff to share this commitment. Employment at the college is subject to an enhanced DBS check via the Disclosure & Barring Service, and any post in regulated activity will also be subject to an additional barred list check.