An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly competent and enthusiastic lecturer to join us in delivering outstanding teaching and learning in our agricultural courses.
- Full or part-time, permanent post
22.2 to 29.6 hours per week (0.6 FTE to 0.8 FTE).
£17,016 to £28,673, depending upon working hours, qualifications, and experience. This post might be open to Curriculum Lead, depending on skill and experience. The job description for CL is available via HR at email@example.com (£38,019 to £40,325).
- Closing date
Sunday, 1st October 2023.
Do you have a passion for agriculture? Are you excited by the prospect of passing on your knowledge and experience to the next generation of agriculture students? Have you always dreamed of living and working within an area of natural beauty and vibrant culture?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly competent and enthusiastic lecturer to join us in delivering outstanding teaching and learning in our agricultural courses. The department delivers agricultural apprenticeships, a full-time level 1 land-based programme, and short courses. We are keen to hear from applicants with backgrounds/experience across the agricultural sector/industry.
The successful candidate will be educated to at least level 3 and capable of sharing their knowledge with our students in an engaging and informative manner that befits their passion for the subject.
Kendal College offers unique and state-of-the-art facilities to our students, providing lecturers with an exciting place to teach our passionate and dedicated students. Teaching experience is desirable, but we are looking for someone with the confidence to share their experience and knowledge with our students - we would provide support for gaining a formal teaching qualification alongside your work with us.
Summary of responsibilities
- To develop a stimulating and exciting programme for learners.
- To manage and provide good quality teaching and learning to support student achievement.
- To seek to ensure that student retention and achievement targets are met.
- To contribute towards the College’s strategic objectives.
- Provide a safe and healthy environment in which to work and learn.
- Ensure a high quality of adequate resources and materials are provided to enhance learning, thereby enriching the opportunity and experience of learners.
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults.
See the Job Description for full details.
Why choose us?
Set within the Lake District's breathtaking UNESCO World Heritage site, Kendal College is an FE college that consistently punches above its weight on the national stage. Under the leadership of our new Principal, the college is embarking on a series of bold steps to grow the college and remain a top-notch education provider for Cumbria and the North West region. Our students focus on their learning, achieve high levels of attainment and consistently give us high satisfaction ratings. The college recognises the wellbeing of its staff as a priority, as well as ensuring that excellent work is appropriately identified and that a healthy work-life balance is maintained.
What we offer
- A generous holiday entitlement.
- Seven efficiency days per year (pro rata).
- Sick pay and pension scheme.
- Support to help you transition into college life.
- Excellent CPD opportunities so you can gain a formal teaching qualification whilst working with us and continue to grow and develop.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals keen to develop and learn.
- A college that promotes and supports flexible working.
- A college committed to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to support your students.
- Collaborative working within our departments and campuses supports our endeavours to work smarter and effectively balance home and work.
- On-site canteens with locally sourced ingredients.
- A cycle-to-work scheme.
- A comprehensive staff awards, rewards and wellbeing scheme.
What we're looking for
|A recognised teaching qualification or be willing to obtain within 2 years of appointment|
|A degree or equivalent qualification in the related discipline|
|English and Maths at level 2 (GCSE A* to C or equivalent)|
|Agricultural or land-based sector experience||Recent experience of teaching in an FE/HE environment|
|Industry experience in the Agricultural sector|
Knowledge & Skills
|Agricultural practices||Current agricultural trends and practises|
|Good general knowledge of health and safety at work in an educational and the relevant vocational environment||Public health|
|Effective communication skills||Effective use of ILT to promote teaching and learning and monitor learning|
|Effective presentation skills||Ability to provide high quality pastoral care to learners|
|Comprehensive current technical knowledge and skills commensurate with the required vocational delivery in Agriculture||Effective classroom management skills|
Applications without the essential requirements will not usually be considered for appointment.
Right to work
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility and a photo ID will be required from candidates at the interview as part of our standard recruitment process.
Kendal College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.