An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and enthusiastic person who is self-motivated and hardworking to assist in running the engineering workshop.
- Term-time, permanent post
37 hours per week.
£22,162 per annum based on a term-time contract (42 weeks per academic year).
- Closing date
Sunday, 3rd December 2023.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and enthusiastic person who is self-motivated and hardworking to assist in the running of the engineering workshop. This role is held within the Engineering, Construction and Motor Vehicle faculties. As such, the successful candidate will be required to work across all sectors as directed.
This post would contribute to the college's contribution to the Local Skills Improvement Plan (LSIP) by embracing low-carbon technology in the field.
This post may attract a Golden Hello payment subject to industry skills and experience. This can be discussed at the interview or prior by contacting HR at email@example.com. The Golden Hello will not be applicable to applicants recruited via recruitment agencies.
Summary of responsibilities
- To support the learning, teaching and assessment process by providing comprehensive technical assistance, maintenance, coaching and support service to the full range of specialist programmes within the school curriculum area.
- To ensure a safe environment for teaching and learning which meets health & safety requirements and demonstrates best practices.
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Cover classes where there are unplanned circumstances and where there are no health and safety concerns. We offer unique and state-of-the-art facilities to our students that provide teaching staff with an exciting place to teach our passionate and dedicated students.
See the Job Description for full details.
Why choose us?
Set within the Lake District's breathtaking UNESCO World Heritage site, Kendal College is a FE college that consistently punches above its weight on the national stage. Under the leadership of our new Principal, the college is embarking on a series of bold steps to grow the college and remain a top-notch education provider for Cumbria and the North West region. Our students focus on their learning, achieve high levels of attainment and consistently give us high satisfaction ratings. The college recognises the wellbeing of its staff as a priority, as well as ensuring that excellent work is appropriately identified and that a healthy work-life balance is maintained.
What we offer
- A generous holiday entitlement.
- Seven efficiency days per year (pro rata).
- Sick pay and pension scheme.
- Support to help you transition into college life.
- Excellent CPD opportunities so you can gain a formal teaching qualification whilst working with us and continue to grow and develop.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals keen to develop and learn.
- A college that promotes and supports flexible working.
- A college committed to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to support your students.
- Collaborative working within our departments and campuses supports our endeavours to work smarter and effectively balance home and work.
- On-site canteens with locally sourced ingredients.
- A cycle-to-work scheme.
- A comprehensive staff awards, rewards and wellbeing scheme.
What we're looking for
|Level 3 Engineering vocational qualification (or working towards one)||Level 4 vocational qualification in a related area|
|English and Maths at level 2 (GCSE grade 4/C) or equivalent||First aid qualification|
|Basic Health & Safety qualification||Intermediate Health & Safety|
|Teaching, assessing or training qualification|
|Recent experience of working in relevant industrial/commercial environments for a period of at least 3 years||Experience in a learning environment|
Knowledge & Skills
|Effective communication skills||Knowledge of health and safety in an educational environment|
|Good general knowledge of health & safety at work in the relevant vocational environment||Knowledge of how to develop learners’ skills|
|Ability to provide coaching and support to learners|
|Strong current technical knowledge and skills in a relevant discipline|
|Sound knowledge of the specific industry associated with the post|
|Motivation and enthusiasm for working with 14 to 19 year olds|
Applications without the essential requirements will not usually be considered for appointment.
Right to work
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility and a photo ID will be required from candidates at the interview as part of our standard recruitment process.
Kendal College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.