Kendal College is seeking an Apprentice for our Apprenticeships Business Administrator role.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to start a career in administration and enjoy working with people, Kendal College would like to hear from you!
- Full-time, permanent post
37 hours per week
Salary Band: Minimum wage applies, depending on age
- Closing date
Sunday 25th February 2024
To provide administrative support to relevant departments and to assist the Functional Skill assessors with administration support.
All staff have a responsibility for safety, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults.
See the Job Description for full details.
Why choose us?
Set within the Lake District's breathtaking UNESCO World Heritage site, Kendal College is an FE college that consistently punches above its weight on the national stage. Under the leadership of our new Principal, the college is embarking on a series of bold steps to grow the college and remain a top-notch education provider for Cumbria and the North West region. Our students focus on their learning, achieve high levels of attainment and consistently give us high satisfaction ratings. The college recognises the wellbeing of its staff as a priority, as well as ensuring that excellent work is appropriately identified and that a healthy work-life balance is maintained.
What we offer
- A generous holiday entitlement
- Seven efficiency days per year (pro rata) in addition to your hard-earned holiday allocation
- Sick pay and pension scheme
- Support to help you transition into college life
- Excellent CPD opportunities so you can gain a formal teaching qualification whilst working with us and continue to grow and develop
- A college that promotes and supports flexible working
- Fantastic facilities and resources to support our students
- On-site canteens with locally sourced ingredients
- A cycle-to-work and electric car scheme
- A comprehensive staff awards, rewards and wellbeing scheme, including:
- Employee assistance program with Health Assured
- Discounted gym membership
- Local discounts
- Extensive retail discounts
What we're looking for
|GCSE Grade 4/C or above in English and Maths or L2 Literacy and Numeracy qualifications
|Certificate in IT User Skills, ECDL or equivalent experience in spreadsheets, word processing and complex
|Experience working with IT systems.
|Use of Customer Relation Management Systems
|Experience of customer service and working with the public
|Inputting, accessing and interpreting information from databases accurately.
Knowledge & Skills
|Attention to detail.
|Awareness of the requirements of the Data Protection Act
|Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office
|Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
|Ability to work with supervision and refer issues appropriately to line manager.
|Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
Applications without the essential requirements will not usually be considered for appointment.
Right to work
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility and a photo ID will be required from candidates at the interview as part of our standard recruitment process.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expect all staff to share this commitment. Employment at the college is subject to an enhanced DBS check via the Disclosure & Barring Service, and any post in regulated activity will also be subject to an additional barred list check.