The successful candidate will themselves be educated to at least a degree level and capable of sharing their knowledge with our students in an engaging and informative manner that befits their passion for the subject.
- Part-time, permanent post
22.2 hours per week (0.6 FTE).
£17,016 to £21,505, depending upon qualifications and experience.
- Closing date
Sunday, 3rd December 2023.
Are you an experienced motor vehicle lecturer/teacher looking for a new challenge? Are you excited by the prospect of passing on your knowledge and experience to the next generation of students? Have you always wanted to live and work within an area of natural beauty and vibrant culture?
The successful candidates will themselves be educated to at least a degree level and capable of sharing their knowledge with our students in an engaging and informative manner that befits their passion for the subject. Teaching experience is required, but we are looking for someone with the confidence to share their experience and knowledge with our students - we would provide support for gaining a formal teaching qualification alongside your work with us.
This post would contribute to the college's contribution to the Local Skills Improvement Plan (LSIP) by embracing low-carbon technology in the field.
This post may attract a Golden Hello payment subject to industry skills and experience. This can be discussed at the interview or prior by contacting HR at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Golden Hello will not be applicable to applicants recruited via recruitment agencies.
- Develop a stimulating and exciting programme for learners.
- Manage and provide good quality teaching and learning to support student achievement.
- Seek to ensure that student retention and achievement targets are met.
- Contribute towards the College’s strategic objectives.
- Provide a safe and healthy environment in which to work and learn.
- Ensure a high quality of adequate resources and materials are provided to enhance learning, thereby enriching the opportunity and experience of learners.
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Why choose us?
Set within the breathtaking UNESCO World Heritage site of the Lake District, Kendal College is a FE college that consistently punches above its weight on the national stage. Under the leadership of our new Principal, the college is embarking on a series of bold steps to grow the college and remain a top-notch education provider for Cumbria and the North West region. Our students focus on their learning, achieve high levels of attainment and consistently give us high satisfaction ratings. The college recognises the wellbeing of its staff as a priority, as well as ensuring that excellent work is appropriately identified and that a healthy work-life balance is maintained.
What we offer
- A generous holiday entitlement.
- Seven efficiency days per year (pro rata) in addition to your hard-earned holiday allocation.
- A college committed to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Collaborative working within our departments and campuses to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop.
- A college that promotes and supports flexible working.
- On-site canteens with locally sourced ingredients.
- A cycle-to-work scheme.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to support your students.
- A comprehensive staff awards, rewards and wellbeing scheme.
What we're looking for
- A recognised teaching qualification or be willing to obtain within two years of appointment.
- English & Maths at level 2 (GCSE grade 4 or equivalent).
- A degree or equivalent qualification in the related discipline.
- Recent experience of teaching in an educational environment or willingness to develop a career in teaching.
- Recent experience teaching in an FE/HE environment.
Knowledge & Skills
- Motor vehicle disciplines.
- Effective communication skills.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Effective use of ILT to promote teaching and learning and monitor learning.
- Ability to provide high-quality pastoral care to learners.
- Effective classroom management skills.
- Effective organisational skills.
Applications without the essential requirements will not normally be considered for appointment.
Right to work
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility and a photo ID will be required from candidates at the interview as part of our standard recruitment process.
Kendal College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.