The Edge is a partnership of Cumbrian training providers that work together to deliver ESF skills contracts for the benefit of Cumbrian businesses and their workforce. Kendal College are an approved delivery partner and along with the partnership are currently delivering the Skills Support for the Workforce contract in Cumbria which has funding available until 2021.
Carlisle College is the accountable body for the contract which is funded by the European Social Fund, co-financed by the Education and Skills Funding Agency and supported by Cumbria Local Enterprise Partnership.
- Funded training opportunities for Cumbria SME’s and their employees to support business growth and support the achievement of higher-level skills
- Support for businesses undergoing industrial restructure with funded training and employability support for staff at risk of redundancy
- Eligible businesses must have a base in Cumbria and employ less than 250 employees. Those who are self-employed are also eligible for support
- Employees must be aged over 16 years of age and be a resident in the UK
Support is available for the following sectors:
- Visitor Economy
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Rural Economy
- Health & Social Care
- Professional Services
- Creative & Cultural
Funded courses available at Kendal College
We have a bespoke programme on offer to support businesses locally with staff training options and ideas within a range of sectors including hospitality, customer services and health & social care settings.
The following courses are available fully funded if eligibility criteria is met:
- IT courses at Award, Certificate or Diploma levels
- Team Leading Principles
- Customer Service Skills
- Wine/Spirits Studies
> The Edge Leaflet (PDF)
To find out more about the courses or to enrol, please contact Mark Wadsworth:
T: 07738 944387
If you want to find out more about The Edge, please visit www.theedgeincumbria.co.uk.