The Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Set Up In a New Business is for those who wish to gain an understanding of what is involved in the setting up of a new business. The qualification looks at what the challenges and risks of starting a business may be and develops a working knowledge around specific business skills such as marketing and business relationships.
- Understand the Challenges and Risks of Starting a New Business
- Personal Skills and Abilities to Start a Business
- Understand How to Plan for a New Business
- Understanding Business Relationships in a New Business
- Principles of Marketing and Selling in a New Business
- Understanding Finance in a Business Context
- Understanding Negotiation of Deals in a New Business
There are no formal entry requirements however, in order to benefit from undertaking the qualification; learners should possess communication skills sufficient to allow them to address the assessment requirements.
After Your Course
You could progress on to:
- Other part-time enterprise & self-employment short courses
- Business full-time courses
- Business apprenticeships
Course fees are per year. There may also be additional costs associated with the course (please see the course overview).
Whether you qualify for student finance depends on specific criteria. The main student finance package for full-time students includes a tuition fee loan and maintenance loan for living costs. Part-time students can access a tuition fee loan to pay for your course.
Generally, you will only get student finance if you’re doing your first degree-level qualification. This is true even if your previous course was self-funded.
For further information please see www.gov.uk/student-finance.
Access to Learning Fund
The Access to Learning Fund is a non-repayable discretionary fund that gives students facing hardship extra financial support to access and remain in higher education. This can is accessed via the college. Contact Student Services for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01539 814700.