Strong team leadership is essential for providing guidance, direction and instruction within a group and inevitably leads to more effective teamwork and more motivated employees. Being able to manage a team effectively is critical in the current job market, where employee productivity and team outcomes are closely monitored.
Learners will study topics including:
- Principles of team leading
- Understanding business
- Understanding how to communicate work-related information
- Understanding how to deliver customer service and resolve problems
- Understanding how to develop working relationships with colleagues
This is a knowledge-based qualification. Learners will receive a resource pack which includes study modules.
Module submissions can be hand written in the workbooks provided and posted to college or alternatively, electronic modules can be supplied for submission.
Learners must be aged 19 or over in order to enrol on the course, be living in England and not taking part in full-time education. Entry is at the discretion of the college. Kendal College will ensure that this course is appropriate for the age and ability of the learner. This may involve an assessment to ensure learners can meet the criteria and comply with the relevant literacy, numeracy, and health and safety aspects of this course.
After Your Course
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to the following:
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Principles of Dementia Care
- Apprenticeships in Health and Social Care
- Level 2 Certificate in Mental Health Problems
- Level 2 Certificate in Common Health Conditions
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Behaviours that Challenge
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People's Mental Health
Course fees are per year. There may also be additional costs associated with the course (please see the course overview).
Whether you qualify for student finance depends on specific criteria. The main student finance package for full-time students includes a tuition fee loan and maintenance loan for living costs. Part-time students can access a tuition fee loan to pay for your course.
Generally, you will only get student finance if you’re doing your first degree-level qualification. This is true even if your previous course was self-funded.
For further information please see www.gov.uk/student-finance
Access to Learning Fund
The Access to Learning Fund is a non-repayable discretionary fund that gives students facing hardship extra financial support to access and remain in higher education. This can is accessed via the college. Contact Student Services for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01539 814700