This is a wonderful opportunity to access training in a learner led way. Particularly suitable for those with limited time to attend college and undertake taught sessions but with a keen interest in developing an understanding of falls and prevention methods.
This qualification is made up of four mandatory units:
- Unit 01 Falls in context
- Unit 02 Understand the risk factors and causes of falls
- Unit 03 Falls assessment and prevention
- Unit 04 Managing falls
You will be required to attend a single induction where you will receive a resource pack which includes the modules for your completion. From the induction date the course tends to last 10-12 weeks (subject to discussion with the Assessor) with the final module being due for submission 10 weeks after induction. Module submissions can be hand written in the workbooks provided and posted to college or alternatively, electronic modules can be supplied for submission that way. Your modules will then be assessed with detailed feedback issued.
This course is designed for those who work or have an interest in Health and Social Care, including those in a work role and informal/family carers. Learners must be aged 18 or over in order to enrol on the course, be living in England and not taking part in full-time education. Entry is at the discretion of the college. Kendal College will ensure that this course is appropriate for the age and ability of the learner. This may involve an assessment to ensure learners can meet the criteria and comply with the relevant literacy, numeracy, and health and safety aspects of this course.
After Your Course
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to the following:
- Level 2 Certificate in Mental Health Problems
- Level 2 Certificate in Common Health Conditions
- Level 2 Certificate in Falls Prevention Awareness
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Dementia
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of End of Life Care
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Behaviours that Challenge
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People's Mental Health
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health & Social Care
- Principles of Team Leading
Course fees are per year. There may also be additional costs associated with the course (please see the course overview).
Whether you qualify for student finance depends on specific criteria. The main student finance package for full-time students includes a tuition fee loan and maintenance loan for living costs. Part-time students can access a tuition fee loan to pay for your course.
Generally, you will only get student finance if you’re doing your first degree-level qualification. This is true even if your previous course was self-funded.
For further information please see www.gov.uk/student-finance.
Access to Learning Fund
The Access to Learning Fund is a non-repayable discretionary fund that gives students facing hardship extra financial support to access and remain in higher education. This can is accessed via the college. Contact Student Services for more information: email@example.com / 01539 814700.