Do you produce something that people would love to own, have you dreamt of building a creative business and working for yourself, well this course will show you how to get started!
This 8-week course is led by Lela Harris, she has extensive experience of the industry after establishing her own business Doodlelove. Lela has planned a course that will help you turn an idea into a business, using her experience to inform what you learn. Throughout the course you will be involved in discussions and practical workshops to build your knowledge and understanding of business. You will develop strategies for promoting and selling your work whether it's art, crafts, fashion or jewellery.
The course will allow the opportunity to learn about -
Building a Brand
Online Selling Platforms
SEO & Product Descriptions
Pricing Your Work
You will apply the skills you learn to a personal project, finishing the course with your own Etsy Store. There is no formal assessment or qualification linked to this course.
This is an introductory course so is suitable for beginners.
After Your Course
This short course could help you build the confidence to sell your own artwork. You could build on your promotional skills with our part-time Graphic Design for beginners or Film Making courses.
Course fees are per year. The current fee information is related to the 2019/20 academic year and is subject to change before the start of the course. Fees for 2020/21 will be updated in the Spring Term. There may also be additional costs associated with the course.
This course is funded by the government and may be free if you are:
- Aged 16-18 on 31/08/19
- Aged 19-23 on an Entry Level or Level 1 course with intent to progress to a Level 2 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first full Level 2 or Level 3 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first Level 4 course (if you haven’t already got a Level 3 qualification)
- Aged 19+ on Functions Skills or GCSE English or Maths
- Unemployed and in receipt of JSA/ESA(WRAG)/Universal Credit or another eligible state benefit on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
- Member of a low income household & in financial hardship on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course