Our new welding workshop is equipped with the most up to date welding equipment. You will be taught by our welding tutor, who has over 40 years shop floor and teaching experience. Qualification achieved: Level 1 Award in Introductory Welding MIG, TIG or MMA (STICK) welding.
These qualifications allow candidates to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the engineering welding sector. This course is delivered entirely in the workshop, you will be assessed using five practical assignments and one oral knowledge test for each welding unit.
There are no formal entry requirements for candidates undertaking these qualifications.
NB These qualifications are not approved for use by candidates under the age of 14, and City & Guilds cannot accept any registrations for candidates in this age group.
After Your Course
On completion of these qualifications, candidates may progress into employment or to the following City & Guilds qualifications: Level 2 Award in Welding Skills (3268-02).
Course fees are per year. The current fee information is related to the 2019/20 academic year and is subject to change before the start of the course. Fees for 2020/21 will be updated in the Spring Term. There may also be additional costs associated with the course.
This course is funded by the government and may be free if you are:
- Aged 16-18 on 31/08/19
- Aged 19-23 on an Entry Level or Level 1 course with intent to progress to a Level 2 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first full Level 2 or Level 3 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first Level 4 course (if you haven’t already got a Level 3 qualification)
- Aged 19+ on Functions Skills or GCSE English or Maths
- Unemployed and in receipt of JSA/ESA(WRAG)/Universal Credit or another eligible state benefit on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
- Member of a low income household & in financial hardship on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course