The QualSafe Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work may be more suitable for lower-risk work environments, such as offices and shops and/or organisations with fewer than 100 employees. For regulatory purposes, successfully completing the QualSafe Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work will enable the candidate to act as an emergency first aider in the workplace.
The following topics will be covered:
- Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Assessing an incident
- Unconscious casualties
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation and use of AED
- External bleeding
- Minor injuries
Practical assessments will take place throughout the day and there will be a short multi-choice question paper.
There are no entry requirements.
Students need to bring photo ID with them.
After Your Course
This will enable you to be an emergency first-aider in your workplace.
Course fees are per year. The current fee information is related to the 2018/19 academic year and is subject to change before the start of the course. Fees for 2019/20 will be updated in the Spring Term. There may also be additional costs associated with the course.
This course is funded by the government and may be free if you are:
- Aged 16-18 on 31/08/18
- Aged 19-23 on an Entry Level or Level 1 course with intent to progress to a Level 2 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first full Level 2 or Level 3 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first Level 4 course (if you haven’t already got a Level 3 qualification)
- Aged 19+ on Functions Skills or GCSE English or Maths
- Unemployed and in receipt of JSA/ESA(WRAG)/Universal Credit or another eligible state benefit
- Member of a low income household & in financial hardship on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course