This level 4 qualification will provide you with advanced skills, techniques and underpinning knowledge to enable effective preparation to become a Sports Massage practitioner.
A 19+ Advanced Learner Loan is available to cover the majority of the course fees for this course (724 pounds). The remainder will need to be paid on enrolment (275 pounds).
- Conducting Subjective and Objective assessment
- Providing Sports Massage techniques to prevent and manage injury
- Treatment modalities to support soft tissue repair
The qualification will allow you to develop the skills to conduct subjective and objective assessments, which will cover active, passive and resisted range of movements, detailed postural analysis, functional testing and special tests. You will also develop the skills to work safely and effectively on muscle and para-tendon injuries using a variety of soft tissue techniques and will be able to advise on treatment modalities to support soft tissue repair.
You will need a Level 3 Sports Massage qualification for this course.
All students interested in this course should contact the course tutor prior to enrolment.
Bjorn Blythe: firstname.lastname@example.org
After Your Course
This qualification will prepare you for employment as a sports massage practitioner. Employment opportunities exist in a variety of settings, including:
-Private health clubs and leisure centres
- Sports centres and clubs
- Working independently/self-employed/mobile/home-based settings
Course fees are per year. The current fee information is related to the 2019/20 academic year and is subject to change before the start of the course. Fees for 2020/21 will be updated in the Spring Term. There may also be additional costs associated with the course.
This course is funded by the government and may be free if you are:
- Aged 16-18 on 31/08/19
- Aged 19-23 on an Entry Level or Level 1 course with intent to progress to a Level 2 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first full Level 2 or Level 3 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first Level 4 course (if you haven’t already got a Level 3 qualification)
- Aged 19+ on Functions Skills or GCSE English or Maths
- Unemployed and in receipt of JSA/ESA(WRAG)/Universal Credit or another eligible state benefit on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
- Member of a low income household & in financial hardship on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course