The Level 3 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy (QCF) has been designed to provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to work in an unsupervised capacity as a sports massage practitioner, with non-pathological (non-injured) tissue.
In this qualification you will develop your knowledge and understanding of the theory underpinning the practice of sports massage therapy, including functional anatomy and physiology, nutrition, classification of sports injuries and the stages of healing.
In addition you will develop the understanding, skills and techniques to plan, prepare for and apply a range of sports massage methods to uninjured clients. You will also enhance your skills to evaluate massage strategies and methods to inform on future practice.
The qualification includes:
- Functional anatomy, physiology and nutrition for sports therapies
- Application of sports massage methods to non-pathological tissue
You will have lectures, discussions, demonstrations and practical workshops held in our clinic environment.
You will be assessed on both your practical and theoretical knowledge and will produce a portfolio of evidence during the course. You will also be required to complete assignments and case studies.
The qualification requires the Certificate in Swedish Massage and a Diploma in Anatomy and Physiology or equivalent as pre-requisites.
All students interested in this course should contact the course tutor prior to enrolment.
Lyndsay Arundale: email@example.com
After Your Course
This qualification is focused on employing a range of methods to massage uninjured clients in sport and active leisure.
On successful completion of this qualification you will be equipped to work in an unsupervised capacity as a sports massage practitionerthroughout the sport and active leisure industry.
This qualification also provides progression opportunities to additional VTCT qualifications at Level 3 and specialist VTCT qualifications at Level 4 (e.g. VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy (QCF)).
Course fees are per year. The current fee information is related to the 2019/20 academic year and is subject to change before the start of the course. Fees for 2020/21 will be updated in the Spring Term. There may also be additional costs associated with the course.
This course is funded by the government and may be free if you are:
- Aged 16-18 on 31/08/19
- Aged 19-23 on an Entry Level or Level 1 course with intent to progress to a Level 2 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first full Level 2 or Level 3 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first Level 4 course (if you haven’t already got a Level 3 qualification)
- Aged 19+ on Functions Skills or GCSE English or Maths
- Unemployed and in receipt of JSA/ESA(WRAG)/Universal Credit or another eligible state benefit on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
- Member of a low income household & in financial hardship on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
Level 3-6 Courses for Adults
Advanced Learning Loans are available for students aged 19+ and studying an eligible Level 3/4/5 and 6 Course. If you are on an Access course, the loan will be written off if you complete a degree.
Please speak to Student Services for more information on course fees.