This is a new and inspiring qualification to enable those within a health care setting to provide relaxation and balancing holistic treatments to clients who are receiving treatment for cancer or as part of palliative care. The VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Providing Therapies for Clients with Cancer or Other Life Limiting Conditions. This qualification is designed to give you the essential knowledge to assist you to provide your therapeutic, interpersonal and reflective skills within a clinical setting.
A 19+ Advanced Learner Loan is available to cover some of the course costs (up to 811 pounds). Please contact Student Services to discuss this further.
The course will cover:
- Development of interpersonal skills for the complementary therapist
- How to provide complementary therapies for people with life limiting conditions
- How work alongside healthcare professionals
- The principles of providing complementary therapies in a healthcare setting
As part of this qualification you are required to produce a portfolio of evidence. The evidence in the portfolio may take the following forms; observed work, witness statements, audio-visual media, written questions, oral questions, assignments and case studies.
To be eligible for this qualification, it is a requirement that you are a qualified complementary therapist holding a Level 3 (or equivalent) qualification in at least one of the main disciplines of complementary therapies. These are aromatherapy, reflexology and massage. Anatomy and Physiology at Level 3 or equivalent is also mandatory.
After Your Course
This qualification is designed to lead to employment within a hospital, hospice or other healthcare environment. Further advanced studies at Level 4 are VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Reflexology, VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Aromatherapy and VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Complementary Therapies.
Course fees are per year. The current fee information is related to the 2018/19 academic year and is subject to change before the start of the course. Fees for 2019/20 will be updated in the Spring Term. There may also be additional costs associated with the course.
This course is funded by the government and may be free if you are:
- Aged 16-18 on 31/08/18
- Aged 19-23 on an Entry Level or Level 1 course with intent to progress to a Level 2 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first full Level 2 or Level 3 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first Level 4 course (if you haven’t already got a Level 3 qualification)
- Aged 19+ on Functions Skills or GCSE English or Maths
- Unemployed and in receipt of JSA/ESA(WRAG)/Universal Credit or another eligible state benefit on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
- Member of a low income household & in financial hardship on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course