The Level 3 Certificate in Indian Head Massage (QCF) is a qualification that has been specifically designed to develop your practical skills in how to provide the relaxing and stress relieving treatment of Indian head massage.
Underpinning this qualification you will develop a sound knowledge of health and safety, and client care and communication. You will also develop a knowledge and understanding of the practical skills learned throughout this qualification, such as anatomy and physiology.
The purpose of this qualification is to develop your skills in providing Indian head massage treatments to a high level of occupational ability, to enable you to provide your own services for clients.
You will learn the theory and practice of Indian Head Massage and client care.
You will build a portfolio of evidence during your course and will undertake both practical and theoretical assessment and case studies.
You will have the opportunity to learn through lectures, discussions, demonstrations and workshops.
A keen interest and motivation in the subject. Effective communication skills are essential. A knowledge of anatomy and physiology is recommended for this course.
These issues may be discussed with a tutor prior to starting the course.
After Your Course
- Further study in L3 Complementary Therapies
- Hairdressing and Beauty therapy salons
- Day spas
Course fees are per year. The current fee information is related to the 2018/19 academic year and is subject to change before the start of the course. Fees for 2019/20 will be updated in the Spring Term. There may also be additional costs associated with the course.
This course is funded by the government and may be free if you are:
- Aged 16-18 on 31/08/18
- Aged 19-23 on an Entry Level or Level 1 course with intent to progress to a Level 2 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first full Level 2 or Level 3 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first Level 4 course (if you haven’t already got a Level 3 qualification)
- Aged 19+ on Functions Skills or GCSE English or Maths
- Unemployed and in receipt of JSA/ESA(WRAG)/Universal Credit or another eligible state benefit
- Member of a low income household & in financial hardship on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
Level 3 Courses for Adults
Advanced Learning Loans are available for students aged 19+ and studying an eligible Level 3/4/5 and 6 Course. If you are on an Access course, the loan will be written off if you complete a degree.
Please speak to Student Services for more information on course fees.