To carry out this qualification, you will need to maintain effective health, safety and hygiene throughout your work.
The primary outcomes of the qualification are:
- Maintain safe and effective methods of working when enhancing the appearance of eyebrows and eyelashes
- Consult, plan and prepare for the treatment with clients
- Shape eyebrows
- Tint eyebrows and lashes
- Apply artificial eyelashes
- Provide aftercare advice
There are no formal prerequisite qualifications that you must have before undertaking this qualification.
After Your Course
On completion of this qualification you may choose to undertake further study; qualifications you could progress to include:
- VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Make-Up
- Eyelash extension qualifications
Course fees are per year. The current fee information is related to the 2019/20 academic year and is subject to change before the start of the course. Fees for 2020/21 will be updated in the Spring Term. There may also be additional costs associated with the course.
This course is funded by the government and may be free if you are:
- Aged 16-18 on 31/08/19
- Aged 19-23 on an Entry Level or Level 1 course with intent to progress to a Level 2 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first full Level 2 or Level 3 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first Level 4 course (if you haven’t already got a Level 3 qualification)
- Aged 19+ on Functions Skills or GCSE English or Maths
- Unemployed and in receipt of JSA/ESA(WRAG)/Universal Credit or another eligible state benefit on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
- Member of a low income household & in financial hardship on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course