This award is for practitioners who conduct internal quality assurance of the assessment process from within a centre/organisation, by sample planning, monitoring and advising on the practice of assessors.
This is a short course studied part-time. The duration of this course is 6 months and delivery will be through a combination of group delivery and 1:1 tutorials.
This course may run at various times throughout the year, please contact us for more information.
You will have to complete all 2 units to get your qualification:
Unit 4: Understanding the Principles and Practices of Internally Assuring the Quality of Assessment
Unit 402 Internally Assure the Quality of Assessment
- Be able to plan the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Be able to internally evaluate the quality of assessment
- Be able to internally maintain and improve the quality of assessment
- Be able to manage information relevant to the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Be able to maintain legal and good practice requirements when internally monitoring and maintaining the quality of assessment
Unit 403 Plan, Allocate and Monitor Work in Own Area of Responsibility
- Be able to produce a work plan for own area of responsibility
- Be able to allocate and agree responsibilities with team members.
- Be able to monitor the progress and quality of work in own area of responsibility and provide feedback.
- Be able to review and amend plans of work for own area of responsibility and communicate changes.
Unit 5: Internally Assure the Quality of Assessment
Candidates will be required to compile a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate competence. Candidates will be assessed at work.
Applications must be at least 19 years old and have gained the relevant vocational qualification in the area that they will be quality assuring and/or have demonstrated occupational competence acceptable to your internal quality assurer. Applicants must hold one of the following qualifications or their recognised equivalent:
The Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment or
The Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement, or
A1 Assess candidate performance using a range of methods, or
D32 Assess candidate performance and D33 Assess candidates using differing sources of evidence
Candidates must show current evidence of continuing professional development in assessment and learning and development.
Applicants must be able to show evidence of monitoring a minimum of two assessors, each with a minimum of two candidates of their own.
All students interested in this course should contact the course tutor, Kirsty Reid, prior to enrolment:
After Your Course
This qualification has been designed to encourage progression. For example, candidates who have completed the Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice may progress to further learning by undertaking the Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice.
Course fees are per year. The current fee information is related to the 2019/20 academic year and is subject to change before the start of the course. Fees for 2020/21 will be updated in the Spring Term. There may also be additional costs associated with the course.
This course is not funded by the government and is full cost. As such, the course is the price stated for all students. If you are paying for your course, there may be the option to pay by instalments if the course fees are over £200 and the course duration is 15 weeks or more. Please speak to Student Services for more information on course fees.