This course will:
- Increase your career prospects and earning potential.
- Gain the skills, knowledge and tools to support your organisation and progress your career.
- Build your confidence and credibility to handle the most pertinent people management and development issues.
You'll learn the fundamentals of HR Practice and build a firm foundation on which to base a successful career in human resources. You'll look at the role of human resources in business, and learn to assess skills and knowledge and create skill sets that strengthen the workforce.
You'll look at data analysis and learn techniques for personnel development and motivation, such as performance-related reward programmes. You'll examine the legal aspects of personnel management, as will effective strategies for successful change management.
Units we will cover are:
- Understanding Organisations and the Role of Human Resources - 4 credits
- Recording, Analysing and Using HR Information - 2 credits
- Resourcing Talent - 6 credits
- Developing Yourself as an Effective HR/L&D Practitioner - 4 credits
- Delivering Learning and Development Activities - 6 credits
- Supporting Good Practice in Performance and Reward Management - 6 credits
Who is this course for?
- CIPD Foundation qualifications are ideal if you:
- Want to gain the essential knowledge and skills required to move into HR
- Are working in an HR support role but don't have a formal HR qualification
- Are a current line manager with responsibility for people management and development
- Are looking to become a professional member of the CIPD (Associate Assoc CIPD)
There are no examinations. Assessment is by reports, group work, presentations and assignments (typically less than 2000 words). Full support is given.
CIPD's foundation qualification equates to Levels 3 on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and is regulated by Ofqual, Qualifications Wales and the Council for Curriculum Examinations and Assessment (CCEA).
You don't need any experience or qualifications to enrol on this Foundation Level HR course. It's perfect for you if you're new to HR or if you're currently working in an HR support role (such as HR Admin or HR Assistant).
After Your Course
Once completed, the Diploma in Human Resource Practice at Foundation Level will provide you with the knowledge you need to continue on to Intermediate and Advanced Level CIPD courses and to apply for Associate level membership with CIPD.
Examples of job roles you can enter or progress in with this level of study include:
- HR Assistant
- HR Coordinator
- HR Administrator
The College is currently exploring the option of offering a Level 5 in HR Practice - more details will follow.
Course fees are per year for full-time & degree-level courses, and per course for part-time ones. The current full-time & degree-level fee information is related to the 2019/20 academic year and is subject to change before the start of the course. Fees for 2020/21 will be updated in the Spring Term. There may also be additional costs associated with the course.
This course is funded by the government and may be free if you are:
- Aged 16-18 on 31/08/19
- Aged 19-23 on an Entry Level or Level 1 course with intent to progress to a Level 2 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first full Level 2 or Level 3 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first Level 4 course (if you haven’t already got a Level 3 qualification)
- Aged 19+ on Functions Skills or GCSE English or Maths
- Unemployed and in receipt of JSA/ESA(WRAG)/Universal Credit or another eligible state benefit on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
- Member of a low income household & in financial hardship on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
Level 3-6 Courses for Adults
Advanced Learning Loans are available for students aged 19+ and studying an eligible Level 3/4/5 and 6 Course. If you are on an Access course, the loan will be written off if you complete a degree.
Please speak to Student Services for more information on course fees.