Are you looking for your child to stand out from the crowd? This course covers hairdressing basics such as trimming fringes, blow drying, plaiting, and basic hair ups for children's hair styling for schools, dances, and extracurricular activities.
You will also have the opportunity to apply 'temporary' fashion colour, such as coloured mousses and coloured sprays, which are all suitable for under 16 years of age.
You will achieve a formal qualification that is the Diploma in Hairdressing level 2
You will be taught by current industrial specialists who have up to date training in the hairdressing sector.
All sessions will be taught in a professional salon environment with some fantastic resources. You will be expected to bring in your own model or dummy head.
Assessment will be through practical and multiple choice exams.
There are no entry requirements.
After Your Course
After this course you may like to progress onto our Hairdressing and/ or Barbering Diploma or NVQ courses.
Course fees are per year. The current fee information is related to the 2019/20 academic year and is subject to change before the start of the course. Fees for 2020/21 will be updated in the Spring Term. There may also be additional costs associated with the course.
This course is funded by the government and may be free if you are:
- Aged 16-18 on 31/08/19
- Aged 19-23 on an Entry Level or Level 1 course with intent to progress to a Level 2 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first full Level 2 or Level 3 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first Level 4 course (if you haven’t already got a Level 3 qualification)
- Aged 19+ on Functions Skills or GCSE English or Maths
- Unemployed and in receipt of JSA/ESA(WRAG)/Universal Credit or another eligible state benefit on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
- Member of a low income household & in financial hardship on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course