Learn specific skills in the use of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign for the purpose of Graphic Design. Local designer Stephanie Fulke will take you through this introduction to Graphic Design, understand design process and generating ideas for graphic design outcomes.
The course is taught using Adobe Creative Suite on Apple Mac computers. You will take part in tutor lead workshops helping you develop an understanding of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Towards the end of the course you will have the opportunity to work towards a creative brief, allowing you to generate ideas, gather feedback and put into practice the digital skills you have learnt.
On completion, students will submit a Wordpress blog of coursework to achieve a Level 1 Award in Graphic Design.
You will be taken through graphic design process to help you produce branding concepts
The course will include time spent on tutor led workshops, these will include:
- Developing skills in Photoshop
- Developing skills in Illustrator
- Developing skills in InDesign
- Explore composition, colour, type, and imagery and how they communicate a message
- Mind map words and images to develop a creative design concept for a client
- Develop effective design ideas through creative thinking and problem solving
There is no formal examination element to this course. You will be assessed via a portfolio of work produced throughout the course.
- Choose appropriate equipment and software for a design project.
- Creating and using a Wordpress blog
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
After Your Course
We have a range of courses to help build on your knowledge, including a Level 2 course and full-time courses in Art & Design.
Course fees are per year. The current fee information is related to the 2019/20 academic year and is subject to change before the start of the course. Fees for 2020/21 will be updated in the Spring Term. There may also be additional costs associated with the course.
This course is funded by the government and may be free if you are:
- Aged 16-18 on 31/08/19
- Aged 19-23 on an Entry Level or Level 1 course with intent to progress to a Level 2 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first full Level 2 or Level 3 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first Level 4 course (if you haven’t already got a Level 3 qualification)
- Aged 19+ on Functions Skills or GCSE English or Maths
- Unemployed and in receipt of JSA/ESA(WRAG)/Universal Credit or another eligible state benefit on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
- Member of a low income household & in financial hardship on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course