This course is very practical and uses the Sage 50 package. Students can progress at an individual pace by using provided learning materials with tutor support and interaction.
Learning outcomes will include entering accounting data at the beginning of an accounting period, recording customer and supplier transactions, recording and reconciling bank and cash transactions, entering transactions using journals, producing reports and maintaining the safety and security of data on the system.
The course will be assessed by a computer-based exam.
There are no formal entry requirements, but you will need to have a basic understanding of accountancy.
You will need to contact the course tutor before enrolment to discuss the course.
Any resit fee will be charged 45 pounds.
After Your Course
Sage accounting systems are highly recognised by employers and this qualification is a valued addition to curriculum vitae for anyone seeking to work in accounting. The course could lead on to the AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting, AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting or AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping.
Course fees are per year. The current fee information is related to the 2018/19 academic year and is subject to change before the start of the course. Fees for 2019/20 will be updated in the Spring Term. There may also be additional costs associated with the course.
This course is funded by the government and may be free if you are:
- Aged 16-18 on 31/08/18
- Aged 19-23 on an Entry Level or Level 1 course with intent to progress to a Level 2 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first full Level 2 or Level 3 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first Level 4 course (if you haven’t already got a Level 3 qualification)
- Aged 19+ on Functions Skills or GCSE English or Maths
- Unemployed and in receipt of JSA/ESA(WRAG)/Universal Credit or another eligible state benefit on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
- Member of a low income household & in financial hardship on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course