Local artist Graham Watson will be teaching this 15-week course, it will include 8 weeks spent on tutor-led workshops, these will help you to develop your level of skill and technical understanding.
"I have really enjoyed learning about different ways to create art. Graham's tutorials were especially helpful as he demonstrated clearly ways to use each medium."
The course will allow for the opportunity to develop skills in printmaking, drawing, collage, and painting. The course will enable you to specialise in any medium or move between and/or combine media of your choice.
"It has been really great to experiment with different art mediums that I have not used before. I also found the presentations of each workshop very beneficial. They meant that we could discuss an artwork, artist or a specific artistic technique as a group."
The course will allow for the opportunity to develop skills in:
You will be given the opportunity during the course to develop outcomes responding to different project themes provided by your tutor. This will involve research, experimentation with media, revisiting techniques you have enjoyed to produce and evaluate a final piece of artwork.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. We would expect you to have some experience within Art and Design and be confident producing visual artwork.
All students are asked to pay a 20 pounds workshop fee, which will cover all the resources and equipment required during the course.
After Your Course
This course could help you build a broad portfolio of work for access to higher level creative study or related career.
After completing this course, you may wish to progress onto:
- Graphic Design, Level 2
- Printmaking, Level 2
- Fashion & Clothing, Level 1
- Photography, Level 1 or 2
Full-Time Courses (3 days a week):
- Art & Design, Level 2
- Art & Design, Level 3
- Art & Design, Foundation Diploma
Course fees are per year. The current fee information is related to the 2019/20 academic year and is subject to change before the start of the course. Fees for 2020/21 will be updated in the Spring Term. There may also be additional costs associated with the course.
This course is funded by the government and may be free if you are:
- Aged 16-18 on 31/08/19
- Aged 19-23 on an Entry Level or Level 1 course with intent to progress to a Level 2 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first full Level 2 or Level 3 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first Level 4 course (if you haven’t already got a Level 3 qualification)
- Aged 19+ on Functions Skills or GCSE English or Maths
- Unemployed and in receipt of JSA/ESA(WRAG)/Universal Credit or another eligible state benefit on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
- Member of a low income household & in financial hardship on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course