Local fashion designer Ele Horsley of Horsley Couture will lead you through this exciting 15 week course. You will be taken through the Fashion Design and development process to help you create a garment. The course will include time spent on tutor led workshops, these will look at design inspiration, mood-board creation, illustration skills, stitch and machine work, understanding body measurements, pattern cutting, creating toile's and constructing a final garment.
The fashion and clothing course is ideal for those who wish to gain a formal qualification and practical experience working with fashion design and garment construction. This course can help take an interest in Fashion to the next level or prepare you for entry to higher level study.
The course will be taught through demonstrations, group discussions and hands on practical tasks. This course will involve some personal study outside the class, including research.
You will be taken through the Fashion Design and development process to help you create a garment.
The course will include time spent on tutor led workshops, these will include -
- Design inspiration
- Mood-board creation
- Illustration skills
- Stitch and machine work
- Understanding body measurements
- Pattern cutting
- Creating toile's
- Constructing a final garment
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
All students are asked to pay a 30 pounds workshop fee, which will cover all the resources and equipment required during the course.
After Your Course
This course could help you build a broad portfolio of work for access to higher level creative study or related career.
After completing this course, you may wish to progress onto:
Full-Time Courses (3 days a week):
- Art & Design, Level 2
- Art & Design, Level 3
- Art & Design, Foundation Diploma
Course fees are per year. The current fee information is related to the 2018/19 academic year and is subject to change before the start of the course. Fees for 2019/20 will be updated in the Spring Term. There may also be additional costs associated with the course.
This course is funded by the government and may be free if you are:
- Aged 16-18 on 31/08/18
- Aged 19-23 on an Entry Level or Level 1 course with intent to progress to a Level 2 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first full Level 2 or Level 3 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first Level 4 course (if you haven’t already got a Level 3 qualification)
- Aged 19+ on Functions Skills or GCSE English or Maths
- Unemployed and in receipt of JSA/ESA(WRAG)/Universal Credit or another eligible state benefit
- Member of a low income household & in financial hardship on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course