The NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills (QCF) is designed to:
- Provide education and training for those who may use counselling skills when working
- Enable learners to gain a nationally-recognised, vocationally-specific qualification to assist in entering employment in fields working with people.
- Provide an introduction to counselling skills and develop learners knowledge and understanding.
- Provide opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
The units are:
Unit 1: Using Counselling Skills
Unit 2: Introduction to Counselling Skills Theories
Unit 3: Diversity and Ethics in the Use of Counselling Skills
Unit 4: Counselling Skills and Personal Development
All units within this qualification are internally assessed. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements, it would be valuable to be in an environment where you may use the skills you gain and have a strong interest in Counselling.
After Your Course
With this qualification you can progress to further vocational qualifications such as the Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Certificate or Diploma in Counselling Skills.
Course fees are per year. The current fee information is related to the 2019/20 academic year and is subject to change before the start of the course. Fees for 2020/21 will be updated in the Spring Term. There may also be additional costs associated with the course.
This course is funded by the government and may be free if you are:
- Aged 16-18 on 31/08/19
- Aged 19-23 on an Entry Level or Level 1 course with intent to progress to a Level 2 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first full Level 2 or Level 3 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first Level 4 course (if you haven’t already got a Level 3 qualification)
- Aged 19+ on Functions Skills or GCSE English or Maths
- Unemployed and in receipt of JSA/ESA(WRAG)/Universal Credit or another eligible state benefit on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
- Member of a low income household & in financial hardship on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course